Home

How to get the SS lined up correctly

This is a discussion on How to get the SS lined up correctly within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-15-2009, 11:02 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
How to get the SS lined up correctly

I'm missing something, how do you get the SS lined up correctly when the offense comes out with the strong side to the left? I know I can flip pre-snap, but that doesn't flip the safeties, only their responsibilities, so essentially my FS becomes the SS and vice versa.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2009, 11:08 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 11
Re: How to get the SS lined up correctly

Don't think it's possible unless you manually move them?
Old 09-15-2009, 11:22 AM   #3
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20

You have to "Swap Safties" in the huddle. And it sucks!!! EA, please find a way to automatically put my STRONG Safety on the strong side.

In fact, I want my entire defense to automatically flip. If I want to blitz the weak side, I should be able to, despite the offense flipping it's play. I know many are used to Madden-ball, so this should probably be an option.

We also need options to keep strong & weak side LBs on their proper sides. Again, probably should be an option for the Madden-ball players.

And we need flanker, split end & slot designations for WRs.
Old 09-15-2009, 11:49 AM   #4
Banned

OVR: 14

Lets face it, there has been minimal defensive innovation in the Madden series for a long time! I haven't played M10 extensively yet, because I'm waiting on a patch for it to be more playable, however in any other next-gen version of Madden you could select a dime defense every play and have NO fear of the CPU beating you with their run game. I never do that because it ruins the game, but the fact is you could do that and still have a strong defense.

That fact alone eliminates the whole "chess match" idea of football. My hope is the upcoming patch with it's slider tuning allows us to make the CPU offense stronger than usual, so that my defensive strategy becomes more important relating to winning & losing ...
Old 09-15-2009, 12:25 PM   #5
Rookie

How do you "swap safeties" in the huddle?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2009, 12:55 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metsfanx
How do you "swap safeties" in the huddle?
When you select your play, its a package
Old 09-15-2009, 01:04 PM   #7
Rookie

Ok, sorry if this is a stupid question, but how do I know when to swap them from the playcalling screen? It only shows the package that the cpu chose, such as 2WR 2RB 1TE, etc. It's impossible to tell from there which is the strong side in order to know I need to swap.

Or am I completely blind?
Old 09-15-2009, 01:56 PM   #8
Pro

SGMRock's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metsfanx
Ok, sorry if this is a stupid question, but how do I know when to swap them from the playcalling screen? It only shows the package that the cpu chose, such as 2WR 2RB 1TE, etc. It's impossible to tell from there which is the strong side in order to know I need to swap.

Or am I completely blind?
Nope there is no way to know at all if you should swap them or not thats why its a silly setting. Most defenses call a basic play in the hudle then move around once they see how the offense comes out in the set. I think its a bit silly everyone always lines up on the same sides, the LB's and safeties especially.

I dont think we will ever get a truely great football game until someone takes 2 or 3 years to develope one like most great games in other genres.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »