Home

Do patches only come out on Tuesdays for 360?

This is a discussion on Do patches only come out on Tuesdays for 360? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-15-2009, 04:07 PM   #9
MVP

edaddy's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Do patches only come out on Tuesdays for 360?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkrause1971
Thats the same thing i thought i heard. Unless it was rejected/send back by MS it normally only takes 2-3 weeks to get thru certification. Which means it should have been out weeks ago.

And patches are typically out on Tuesday with MS. Not always but generally.

I wouldn't bank on it until next week now and frankly i doubt this patch was submitted before release. I doubt MS and Sony rejected it or both sat on a good patch for a month.

Sorry, my post sounds bitter- i am so frustrated with this game and patch situation.
I am confused as well..I could be wrong but I couldv'e sworn that I read a post where either Ian or Phil said they waited until a week or more to submit a patch after the game was released so they could get a feel on whet needed to be fixed in the game rom community feedback...If it was submitted before the game was released that would put it at a month and I thought it usually takes 2-3 weeks for certification..i could be wrong though..hmmm
Old 09-15-2009, 04:15 PM   #10
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by edaddy
I am confused as well..I could be wrong but I couldv'e sworn that I read a post where either Ian or Phil said they waited until a week or more to submit a patch after the game was released so they could get a feel on whet needed to be fixed in the game rom community feedback...If it was submitted before the game was released that would put it at a month and I thought it usually takes 2-3 weeks for certification..i could be wrong though..hmmm
To clarify, I believe what was said is that the patch was submitted for testing to QA prior to release (meaning their internal, QA division) and then recently (meaning post-release) submitted to MS/Sony. That would make sense, given that they are hoping to be on track for it's release sometime this week.

The "getting a feel" comment was related to the reasoning for waiting for the second patch, which is still (as of last update) in-work.
Old 09-15-2009, 05:37 PM   #11
Banned

OVR: 15

I just find it amusing that it's taken this long for patch #1 to release. I understand it's not all EA as it takes MS and Sony ages, but still...its just funny that patch #1 basically doesn't have many fixes in it and it's still not here.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2009, 05:49 PM   #12
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Off topic, but edaddy, if that trade wasn't made, you guys would have won the Superbowl earlier.

― Plato
Old 09-15-2009, 05:50 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 1

Especially considering Ian said they were aware of these problems and had a patch ready before the game even came out.
Old 09-15-2009, 06:03 PM   #14
MVP

edaddy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
Off topic, but edaddy, if that trade wasn't made, you guys would have won the Superbowl earlier.
LOL I beg to differ I would take Eli any day of the week...And if I am not mistaken hasn't Rivers gotten some cracks to get to the Superbowl as well?...I would love to see Eli with those receivers , Rb's , and TE that Rivers has at his disposal..Did you see Eli's cast of wr's last week?..LOL..I guess we can debate Eli/Rivers all day but one fact is that one is a Superbowl winner and MVP and the other has not sniffed a SB..hmmmm..LOl
Old 09-15-2009, 06:18 PM   #15
Rookie

permanent1's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by edaddy
LOL I beg to differ I would take Eli any day of the week...And if I am not mistaken hasn't Rivers gotten some cracks to get to the Superbowl as well?...I would love to see Eli with those receivers , Rb's , and TE that Rivers has at his disposal..Did you see Eli's cast of wr's last week?..LOL..I guess we can debate Eli/Rivers all day but one fact is that one is a Superbowl winner and MVP and the other has not sniffed a SB..hmmmm..LOl
Rivers cast of receivers are fairly laughable in my opinion,i don't think either team has good receivers,and sorry but the giants already have a better RB group than SD and have had for several years now,the TE part i agree with though but gates has been injured a lot over the last several years,but the giants have a far better defense.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2009, 06:24 PM   #16
MVP

edaddy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by permanent1
Rivers cast of receivers are fairly laughable in my opinion,i don't think either team has good receivers,and sorry but the giants already have a better RB group than SD and have had for several years now,the TE part i agree with though but gates has been injured a lot over the last several years,but the giants have a far better defense.
You have got to be kidding me Vincent Jackson , Chambers, and NeNee are head and shoulders above anything we have on our roster...Gates and Tomlinson are hall of famers..and there offensive line well before the injuries last night was one of the best in the NFL...You put Jackson on the Giants and they would be unstoppable...I am not slighting Rivers at all but cmon the talent surrounding him has been off the hook...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »