Home

Franchise Fantasy Draft - Same Picks EVERY time?

This is a discussion on Franchise Fantasy Draft - Same Picks EVERY time? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-15-2009, 07:10 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Franchise Fantasy Draft - Same Picks EVERY time?

Is there a way to fix this? I've simulated 3 drafts so far. The computer drafts the EXACT same players in the EXACT same order every time. Whatever team ends up with the 1st pick in one draft will have the exact same roster as the team with the 1st pick in another draft.

Anyone else notice this or figure a fix, or is this just another one of EA's pathetic downfalls?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2009, 07:41 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 12
Re: Franchise Fantasy Draft - Same Picks EVERY time?

I don't mind it that much. It actually lets you pick up players you want right before they would be picked if you do some research. I used the fact that the draft is static to build a great fantasy franchise team.

However, when I did that some of it changed. the first time around I looked and Desean Jackson went sometime in round 7. When I was making my team he wasn't taken until round 10.
Old 09-15-2009, 07:43 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dianwei32
I don't mind it that much. It actually lets you pick up players you want right before they would be picked if you do some research. I used the fact that the draft is static to build a great fantasy franchise team.

However, when I did that some of it changed. the first time around I looked and Desean Jackson went sometime in round 7. When I was making my team he wasn't taken until round 10.
Sorry, I like realism. It's supposed to be a simulation, not an arcadey game that lets you build a monstrous team because you know who goes when....
Old 09-15-2009, 08:32 PM   #4
nvn
Rookie

OVR: 3

So you want realism? And you do a fantasy draft? Really?
Sure it would be better if some teams had different positional priorities which impacted on their drafting but I don't see this as a big deal. Besides aren't you supposed to be the variable factor in the draft?
Old 09-15-2009, 09:26 PM   #5
Rookie

asterisk's Arena

OVR: 4

If you sim the entire draft, the order will always be the same.

However, if you participate in the draft and take players out of the CPU's pre-set order, it'll change the order the rest of the players are taken in. Not by too much, but it does change.

The fact that there is a pre-set order doesn't bother me so much, but the order is really dumb. I'm no GM, but I feel like taking a franchise QB is any team's best interest. There's no reason players like Tony Romo, Aaron Rodgers and Matt Ryan should drop to the 14th round while Tony Gonzalez gets taken in the first round.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2009, 11:13 PM   #6
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBHitman
Sorry, I like realism. It's supposed to be a simulation, not an arcadey game that lets you build a monstrous team because you know who goes when....
Even knowing when players will be taken won't let you build a monster team because all the monster players get taken early. It can help you build a decent team with a few key players that you like.

It will also let you know what trends the CPU follows in various rounds. It's frustrating when the 31 other teams all pick from one position (say DE in round 3), but you didn't get the memo so your starting DE's are both 70 OVR and you have to play catch-up with the CPU, leaving you with key positions being filled by sub-par players.

If you know that the CPU picks a certain position in certain rounds, then you can decide if you want to go a round early to get a good player for that position (assuming your pick in that round would be fairly low) or if you're willing to take the hit and get an average player while using the pick somewhere else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by asterisk
The fact that there is a pre-set order doesn't bother me so much, but the order is really dumb. I'm no GM, but I feel like taking a franchise QB is any team's best interest. There's no reason players like Tony Romo, Aaron Rodgers and Matt Ryan should drop to the 14th round while Tony Gonzalez gets taken in the first round.
I like that all the elite players are taken in the first couple rounds. If guys in lesser roles were around later (say, Jason Witten didn't go until round 9 with the rest of the TEs), then you really would be able to build a beastly team by knowing what position is taken in what round. If all the truly elite players are taken early, regardless of position, then it makes it harder to get a team with 10 guys rated 90+ in the first year.

However, I do think that the QB round that sees guys like Romo, Rodgers, Palmer, Cutler etc. should come a little earlier, maybe round 3-4.

Last edited by Dianwei32; 09-15-2009 at 11:18 PM.
Old 09-15-2009, 11:48 PM   #7
Rookie

ridemooses's Arena

OVR: 8

I agree it's kind of wack that it's same every time. You think great defensive orientated teams like the Giants and Ravens would go for defensive players first to uphold that reputation. But I guess it makes sense that who the CPU thinks are the best 32-64ish players would go first. I think after that it is pretty random, but I understand your frustration.
Old 09-16-2009, 12:16 AM   #8
MVP

Tweeg's Arena

I just did a draft with my friend the other night with a very interesting gimmick. We put all positions into a hat and when it was our turn to draft we pulled a position and drafted the best player available. It made for some really fun picks of guys that we would never have drafted in the past.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »