Home

Resetting substitutions, setting special teams in offline Franchise?

This is a discussion on Resetting substitutions, setting special teams in offline Franchise? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-15-2009, 03:02 AM   #1
Rookie

asterisk's Arena

OVR: 4
Resetting substitutions, setting special teams in offline Franchise?

Two questions:

How can I reset the substitutions for formations in my franchise? On the play calling screen, you can hit RB to sub in different players at different positions. But I can't figure out how to reset it. I just subbed back in the original starters but now that starter is always in that spot, even when I try to use a different package by moving the right analog stick. Is there some way to just bring everything back to default?

How can I change who's on my special teams? Mainly the kickoff team.... because as it is right now, my kickoff team has two of my starting linebackers and two of my starting defensive backs on it. It's irritating to have them sprinting downfield every kickoff because they start the defensive series off already tired, I'd much rather have my backups on the kickoff squad.

Thanks.

Last edited by asterisk; 09-15-2009 at 03:26 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2009, 08:38 AM   #2
MVP

TeamBuilder's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: Resetting substitutions, setting special teams in offline Franchise?

Quote:
Originally Posted by asterisk
Two questions:

How can I reset the substitutions for formations in my franchise? On the play calling screen, you can hit RB to sub in different players at different positions. But I can't figure out how to reset it. I just subbed back in the original starters but now that starter is always in that spot, even when I try to use a different package by moving the right analog stick. Is there some way to just bring everything back to default?

How can I change who's on my special teams? Mainly the kickoff team.... because as it is right now, my kickoff team has two of my starting linebackers and two of my starting defensive backs on it. It's irritating to have them sprinting downfield every kickoff because they start the defensive series off already tired, I'd much rather have my backups on the kickoff squad.

Thanks.
1. Resetting Subs- I had the same problem, I think the only thing that will reset them is when that player is no longer on your team. It's unfortunate because like you said, the package subs don't work because of it. My recommendation is to sign a low rated FA for next to nothing and sub him into that spot you want to change. Then after the game release him and that spot should be back to default settings.

2. There's no way to change special teams subs. Maybe next year...
Old 09-15-2009, 02:20 PM   #3
Rookie

asterisk's Arena

Ugh, that's too bad. I'll try that low-rated FA thing.

If there's no way to change special teams subs, is there some way of knowing who gets put on the special teams? Like if I have 4 LOLB, will the worst 2 get put on?

I guess I'll play around with it.
Old 09-15-2009, 09:09 PM   #4
Rookie

asterisk's Arena

So the reason I had so many defensive starters on kickoff was because they were playing 2nd and 3rd string for other positions. Like my 2nd string CB was also 2nd string FS, and my starting MLB was also 3rd string OLB, etc. After signing some FAs and putting them in at the backup positions, I now don't have any starters on my kickoff squad, other than my 2nd string MLB (I run 3-4) who lines up next to the kicker.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »