Home

Madden needs a new throwing system

This is a discussion on Madden needs a new throwing system within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-11-2009, 10:00 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 36
Madden needs a new throwing system

The vision cone was a genius idea but they couldn't execute it effectively. The passing system now fails to show a QB looking at recievers, changing reads, and looking off defenders. So is an idea for changing it up.

The Superstar camera. We use the superstar camera and the right stick to change views. This way you can look at a reciever at one end of the field only to turn at the complete other side of the field. The defenders will be aware of your vision so you can look them off and pumpfake and freeze them. This would be an amazing way of seperating great QBs compared to bad ones and rookies. Peyton Manning would be able to change his vision easily and may even be zoomed farther back so he can see wider. Now rookies have problems with going through his reads. He will barely look away from his first read. When you change his view it will be blurry for a couple seconds making the read harder. This with the differential in accuracy would have complete realism. You could also have an actual blind side if you are looking to the right and get pressure from behind, and not see it coming and BOOM fumble. Now that would be realism. On defense you have the normal view but you can still watch the Qbs eyes and he'll still have a blindside. Imagine playing against Peyton Manning one week where you can't stop him because he is confusing your defenders by looking all over the field and pumpfaking. Then playing against Sanchez who is just staring at his primary reciever on every play.

With this though we'd need a smarter throw away system. Pressing the right stick and a recievers icon will causethe QB to throw it at the ground near the reciever. High awareness QBs will throw it well while a low awareness QB might once in a while make a mistake and it will be intentional grounding or a possible interception.

While were talking about a new passing system there should be a new rating. Pocket Awareness. Ben Roethlisberger should be more aware the pocket is collapsing and escape it although he will most likely hold on to it for too long. Tom Brady should sometimes become a robo Qb. While lower qBs won't realize it and get sacked more often.

That's it. Tell me if you like the idea. Add to it u want and comment.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2009, 10:39 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 8
Re: Madden needs a new throwing system

First, the superstar angle sucks. It's way too hard to get an idea of depth.

Second, the problem with an idea like this is that you need time and the game doesn't offer you much time to throw as it is. If they changed the blocking to actually work then it could work but doubtful.

The reality is there will never be a "realistic" representation of passing in a game at least not on these systems and any in the forseeable future. It's simply too hard to try and mimic. Maybe if we had virtual reality helmets but with a controller looking at a video image? No thanks.
Old 09-12-2009, 12:11 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 7

Don't quote me on this but I believe Backbreaker is trying to offer something like this.
Old 09-12-2009, 12:26 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 4

The original poster's idea is simply genius. Not perfect of course but what is, I don't think you should make anything go blurry but moving the camera basically with the right stick not only removes that unsightly cone but it simplifies things. And to the poster who said madden doesn't allow you the time do use this idea effectively, i say that's one of the things that make the idea awesome. You should basically know where your recievers are gonna be without having to actually look at them, that's what the great quarterbacks do anyways. This could also be implemented into throwing on the run. A guy with good throwing on the run could zoom out more letting him see all his options, whilst a quarterback who sucks at it might zoom in more so you might not see as many options as fast.

The second part i really like about your idea if throwing the ball away. This is pretty much broken in my opinion because you have to scramble out of the pocket just to get rid of the ball. I understand the nfl rules but you have to understand Peyton manning often throws the ball at a receivers feet if theres simply nobody open. We should be able to do this too instead of choosing between forcing a pass or scrambling and risking a fumble.
Old 09-12-2009, 12:39 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 5

i liked the vision cone. i just think it was stupid how small the cone would get for crapper QBs. its fine that manning, brady or favre could see almost the whole field, but even jp losman or david carr can see half the field (or at least a 1/3). sometimes the cone was too small that it barely covered one reciever. if it at least covered a couple of recievers (on even the worst qbs) then it might be more fair.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2009, 02:00 AM   #6
Banned

OVR: 12

if the cone comes back im gonna be pissed. i think its fine as it is, but double tap would be ok.
Old 09-12-2009, 04:17 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 2

I've had zero problems with throws...
Old 09-12-2009, 04:49 AM   #8
MVP

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthlaidher
if the cone comes back im gonna be pissed. i think its fine as it is, but double tap would be ok.
Double tap?....I liked the vision cone, because it gave you a reason to sit that rookie quarterback with low awareness and try to groom him into a starter.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »