Home

Thoughts on Switching to 3-4 D

This is a discussion on Thoughts on Switching to 3-4 D within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-16-2009, 03:46 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Thoughts on Switching to 3-4 D

I'll definitely be taking that big *** NT in the upcoming draft. Q about the depth chart. Are the top 2 MLB's the ILB? Also I'm thinking of keeping Tavares Gooden as a ILB, 25 years old, 72 with A pot. and 86 speed. What do you think? I'm open to any suggestions for younger LB's to look into.

Thanks guys for the help.
Old 09-16-2009, 03:56 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexbraun
Id upgrade a DT. I would get Pat Williams from the Vikings. The man eats OL for breakfast

jason ferguson is ideal for the 3-4. and im surprised no one said this: shawn merriman is perfect for your 3-4 defense! unless you cant afford him, keep him.

3-4 uses basically 3 tackles as linemen. 285lbs and up, preferably at leas 300lbs. your outside linebackers should be around 250-270 lbs. look for a good combo of size, speed and agility. these will be your best athletes. a very athletic 4-3 de can be converted to olb. you want to look at the block shedding rating as well for your backers, trust me. your two ilb's are mainly run stuffers, and i would try to have at least one of them be very athletic. looking forward to seeing how this works out for you
Old 09-16-2009, 03:58 PM   #11
Rookie

nolan887's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason990
I'll definitely been looking to upgrade that position, but I'm more along the lines of upgrading through the draft, or by trading Merriman and or Bowe. I'd like to keep this franchise growing at a normal pace instead of you know all of a sudden being able to go undefeated.

What about the linebackers?
NOOOOOOO!!! If you change Merriman to DT (Player Management -> Edit Player) his overall is 99. He is a beast on the D Line!!!

I'd get some speedy Linebackers. That way they can cover pretty decently or blitz quickly. Speed is the deciding factor, if you cant catch them, you cant tackle them.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2009, 06:07 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 1

bump
Old 09-16-2009, 07:14 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolan887
NOOOOOOO!!! If you change Merriman to DT (Player Management -> Edit Player) his overall is 99. He is a beast on the D Line!!!

I'd get some speedy Linebackers. That way they can cover pretty decently or blitz quickly. Speed is the deciding factor, if you cant catch them, you cant tackle them.
Meriimen is a beast out OLB if you move him to DT that would just be stupid. Thats not at realistic.
Old 09-16-2009, 07:17 PM   #14
MVP

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65South
I agree, you need a BEEFY DT. In addition, you should look for each of your lineman to be big guys. Once you get that mammoth NT, your DEs should be prototypical 4-3 DT size.

For example in my Packers franchise I have the following defensive line:
DT Johnny Jolly......6'3 312
LE B.J. Raji............6'2 337
RE Cullen Jenkins....6'3 302

I started Raji at NT for a few games but moved him back to end because he was so much better than anyone else I had there. As I get further and end up replacing guys I may move him back to NT as long as I've got competent players at end.
He has been up to 370 lbs before....Just imagine that for a NT.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »