Home

This game has free DLC but Madden doesn't?

This is a discussion on This game has free DLC but Madden doesn't? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-20-2009, 05:17 PM   #41
Banned

OVR: 18
Re: This game has free DLC but Madden doesn't?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netherscourge
You can't complain about paying for DLC if you plan on buying it anyway.

Here's a clue - DON'T SUPPORT PAY-DLC AND MAYBE THEY'LL STOP TRYING TO SELL THEM.

duh!

You whine about having to pay for this stuff then you claim you are going to get it anyway... that's EXACTLY why they keep trying to sell this crap.
Its wierd for somebody to complain about DLC then he say he bought all of them. That like Me saying this to my girl "Ok baby i aint going to a strip club to make it rain im just going there for the hamburger special." I mean come on. MOst of these DLC madden offering should of be free in the first plact. Damn EA trying to milk me for my money i aint a cow dammit.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2009, 05:53 PM   #42
DickDalewood

OVR:

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
ok so, trying to follow your angle here, if Little Big Planet isn't a yearly game, but is charging for DLC, does that mean that they are treating their customers poorly, since Batman AA isn't a yearly game but is offering free DLC?
Lol, I don't know about you CB, but I'd say this topic has gone beyond reason and logic...

Old 09-20-2009, 06:21 PM   #43
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by DickDalewood
Lol, I don't know about you CB, but I'd say this topic has gone beyond reason and logic...
the logic is simple, no matter what, spin all counter arguments so that they are positive and Madden is negative. And then follow that up with how you love Madden '10 and how you're going to buy the AFL pack.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 09-20-2009, 06:24 PM   #44
DickDalewood

OVR:

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
the logic is simple, no matter what, spin all counter arguments so that they are positive and Madden is negative. And then follow that up with how you love Madden '10 and how you're going to buy the AFL pack.
Lol.

Old 09-20-2009, 06:33 PM   #45
Rookie

OVR: 3

Just don't get it like someone said. I wouldnt spend money on something like that, its not needed to play the game. Everyone wants it. Why they charge? They want to make more money of course. And by the way, its like 1/4 of the teams got the jerseys?

You did pay for online roster updates. Do you know why? Thats all Madden really is from year to year, a roster update.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2009, 06:53 PM   #46
DickDalewood

OVR:

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxB0MBTHREATxX
Just don't get it like someone said. I wouldnt spend money on something like that, its not needed to play the game. Everyone wants it. Why they charge? They want to make more money of course. And by the way, its like 1/4 of the teams got the jerseys?
It's an AFL DOWNLOADABLE CONTENT PACK. Not every team in the NFL was in the AFL, so WHY would all the teams get it?? Lol.

And as for your first statement... Everyone wants new maps in Call of Duty, yet we still have to pay for those. The only reason this topic gets dragged out like it does is because it involves EA, plain and simple.

Old 09-20-2009, 08:56 PM   #47
MVP

DrUrsus's Arena

OVR: 46

This is EA Madden's stimulus package for themselves in this tough economy. Charge for DLC and hope that people will pay for these.

Personally, I don't care, it's their right as a business, and its my right NOT to buy it. None of the DLC was anything that I really had to have. I do understand that many of you feel the DLC contained content that should have been in the game already. Personally, I can deal without those things, but I understand your sentiments. If you feel strongly about it, don't buy it, to send a statement. If they make a ton of extra money, they will continue to do it. That's just the reality of business.

As for the poster that said we should be happy we aren't paying for patches, that's just ridiculous, since they (all game companies now, not just EA), put out products with a lot of glitches, some that make the games unplayable (not referring to Madden, but games in general). We have become their testers unfortunately due to the complexity of the new games and the timeline they have to work with, as well as poor QA.
Old 09-20-2009, 09:08 PM   #48
Banned

OVR: 4

That game has free DLC because it's nowhere near as good as Madden. Madden is like McDonalds, Wal-Mart, etc. It's on every TV station commercial -- EA is a household name, everybody knows about it. Batman doesn't have that -- is the game good? i have it, and it kinda sucks -- im going to trade it in so I can get that new AFL Legacy Pack. Is it a big name like Madden? No! That's why they have to give their DLC free, and Madden can charge.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »