Home

are we stuck with this engine till xbox 720/ps4

This is a discussion on are we stuck with this engine till xbox 720/ps4 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 09-18-2009, 02:07 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 7
are we stuck with this engine till xbox 720/ps4

It seems that madden will get very stale if it does not overhaul its engine. Normally we were getting a new system every 4-5 years, but now it seem we wont get a new sytem till maybe 2011/2012. So that means madden will be basically running on a 7 year old engine. They need do drastically overhaul this entire game while they still have at least 3 more versions left on the currant systems. can you imagine madden 12/13 being pretty much the same game as the one your playing now. Usually by now we are getting ready for a new system and a new engine, but it doesnt look like thats the case for the forseeable future
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-18-2009, 02:42 AM   #2
Pro

CYST2000's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: are we stuck with this engine till xbox 720/ps4

Ive never heard of Xbox 720, and yes I believe we will be playing this engine for the next couple of years. It does seem to be getting better, and if the changes made this year are any indication of things to come, than next year could be pretty awesome. Ahhhhh next year.......
Old 09-18-2009, 03:12 AM   #3
Hall Of Fame

z Revis's Arena

OVR: 28

I don't see much wrong with the engine at it's current state. If you made this thread a year or two ago, then I would definitely agree. But I think it's getting better, and they're doing a good job with it, at least in Madden 10. If the improvement from last years game to this years game is any indication of the improvement in M11, we could be seeing a truly great football game.
Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Old 09-18-2009, 09:09 AM   #4
MVP

Tyrant8RDFL's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by CYST2000
Ive never heard of Xbox 720, and yes I believe we will be playing this engine for the next couple of years. It does seem to be getting better, and if the changes made this year are any indication of things to come, than next year could be pretty awesome. Ahhhhh next year.......
Quote:
Originally Posted by z Revis
I don't see much wrong with the engine at it's current state. If you made this thread a year or two ago, then I would definitely agree. But I think it's getting better, and they're doing a good job with it, at least in Madden 10. If the improvement from last years game to this years game is any indication of the improvement in M11, we could be seeing a truly great football game.

Just curious you guys mention that things are getting better.

What exactly has gotten better?

1.A.I? No
2.Physics? No
3.Animations? No.
4.Blocking? No
5.Graphics? Yes
6.Presentation? Yes

This engine is the problem and I agree needs to be changed, but when you guys get a chance please explain to me what has gotten better, because from what I have experienced with Madden is the game only got prettier with graphics and more presentation, but the core of the gameplay is for from getting better.
Old 09-18-2009, 09:21 AM   #5
MVP

Pete1210's Arena

OVR: 30

I can understand some complaints and pointing out things we'd like to see get better.

But I don't understand how anyone can say that Madden hasn't improved considerably this year, especially in the most important area of overall gameplay.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-18-2009, 09:41 AM   #6
MVP

Tyrant8RDFL's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete1210
I can understand some complaints and pointing out things we'd like to see get better.

But I don't understand how anyone can say that Madden hasn't improved considerably this year, especially in the most important area of overall gameplay.
If you don't mind please explain where in the are of Important gameplay where Madden 10 has improved.

Thank you in advance for your time
Old 09-18-2009, 10:08 AM   #7
Hall Of Fame

Jistic's Arena

OVR: 28

You will play this engine til Xbox 1440. They'll tell you they build it again from the "ground up", but it'll be mostly the same.

Old 09-18-2009, 10:11 AM   #8
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrant8RDFL
Just curious you guys mention that things are getting better.

What exactly has gotten better?

1.A.I? No
2.Physics? No
3.Animations? No.
4.Blocking? No
5.Graphics? Yes
6.Presentation? Yes
I'm trying to avoid jumping on the web at work, but I felt this warranted a response:

1) The question is, has AI not improved? Granted, there are still some anomalies in the playcalling that I've seen here or there. But you can't tell me that the AI hasn't improved in some capacity since Madden 08 (my first year on the 360). You almost make it seem as though AI has been stagnant and/or ignored. The introduction of Adaptive A.I. & Madden IQ, regardless of their current functionality, prove to us that AI is not being ignored.

2) Physics is tricky, but I see the presence of physics a lot more in M10 than I've seen the past two years.

3) Animations have DEFINITELY improved. Some of the tackles are still a bit repetitive, but I think M10 is the first year where tackling in its simplest form has improved. They're a lot more realistic than they have been in years past. Couple that with signature animations (finally) and the introduction of Pro-Tak, and it's hard to say that animations have NOT improved.

4) I keep pointing back to Madden 08, but the blocking was HORRIBLE in that game. The AI would sack you at the least 4-5x a game. Blocking and blocking AI is not in 2K's ballpark, but it has improved.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »