Home

anyone have any pass rush advice?

This is a discussion on anyone have any pass rush advice? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-18-2009, 02:25 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 12
anyone have any pass rush advice?

I'm 4 games into my Lions franchise (offline), and I cannot for the life of me get a consistant pass rush. I have 0 sacks in 4 games. I have a problem even getting past the offensive linemen, and when I do, the QB gets rid of the ball the split second before I get to him.

I play on All Pro, and the slowest speed setting.

Any ideas will be appreciated
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-18-2009, 02:29 AM   #2
Hall Of Fame

TJdaSportsGuy's Arena

OVR: 69
Re: anyone have any pass rush advice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktd1976
I'm 4 games into my Lions franchise (offline), and I cannot for the life of me get a consistant pass rush. I have 0 sacks in 4 games. I have a problem even getting past the offensive linemen, and when I do, the QB gets rid of the ball the split second before I get to him.

I play on All Pro, and the slowest speed setting.

Any ideas will be appreciated
Try controlling your LB's and lay off of the turbo button unless it's absolutely necessary. I find that leaving the defensive linemen alone and not hitting turbo while controlling the LB makes the QB perform less erratic and more patient, which translates into more time in the pocket which translates into more sacks.

Seems like when you come charging in controlling a DE or DT, the QB almost gets scared and gets rid of the ball super quick. This method, you don't see that at all.
Old 09-18-2009, 02:37 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 5

First of all, let me say, I have not gotten a user sack in this game. I primarily play coverage (I am the ROLB - as you look at the defense, I think that is how they label them as well). Anyway, I line up usually over the the TE and RT.

When I do blitz, I have a horrible habit of pressing the sprint button. I also, by habit, use the bumper buttons for moves, so I am usually the guy that is engaged with a blocker and jumping in place (very embarressing).

So, I am retraining myself not to sprint, and to use the right stick for pass rush moves. I am going to go in practice mode and practice it.

As far as team sacks, I usually play a cover three zone out of various formations as opposed to a cover two. That way I have linebackers in the flats as opposed to corners, that allows the corners to cover the receivers. I generate probably around 4 or 5 sacks a game that way. They are simply coverage sacks. If I am playing a quarterback that moves in the pocket and he steps up and runs even once, I usually hot button a DL to spy.

Don't know if that helps, FWIW.
Old 09-18-2009, 02:39 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 5

Mix up your blitzes. Dnt always blitz with your LB's. Try to DB blitzes, zone blitzes, crash the weak side. You just have to mix up your defense. I usually control the best player on the d line. When i come crash in the middle, it makes the QB move to the outer end of the pocket in which my db would come blitzing in. But some qb's are hard to get after, ie. Big Ben, Tom Brady.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »