Home

TOP FIVE THING YOU LOVE ABOUT MADDEN 10, TOP 5 THINGS YOU HATE ABOUT MADDEN 10

This is a discussion on TOP FIVE THING YOU LOVE ABOUT MADDEN 10, TOP 5 THINGS YOU HATE ABOUT MADDEN 10 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 09-18-2009, 11:16 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
TOP FIVE THING YOU LOVE ABOUT MADDEN 10, TOP 5 THINGS YOU HATE ABOUT MADDEN 10

LOVE

1. Control Scheme, football is a complicated spor,t but EA has always had this as one of their strong points that the competition could never over come. Simple controls!!! The control are the most important thing in any game, period!!!!! With sluggish or complicated control schemes any game would be unplayable!!!!!!!!

2. The NFL. I love the NFL, Im a Giants fan by the way!!!!!!

3. Overall Modes, finally we have all of the modes and then some from the last gen Madden games!!! Online franchise anyone? Finally they did something better then 2k!!!!! But the online gaming leaves something to be desired!

4. Feel of the ball carrier, the controls are great and running with the ball for the most part feel so real!!! Better then the 2k series, yes!!! maybe not better then the overall aspect of running in football, but the raw aspect of planting your feet and making cuts and/or running someone over is second to none!!!

5. Graphics/Presentation, In still shots, Madden is very pretty game. No maybe if we can get ride of the cpu controlled animations and make it physics based then we have a keeper!!!
Even thou they added a good presentation of before of before the game activities, EA is 6 or 7 years too late!

Hate

1. No real physics (how can you have a simulated football game without realistic physics?) EA has been using the same tackle engine since 94 time to upgrade!!!

2. Horrible AI......Still!!!! Yes EA has improved/tweeked it! But its still light years away from what has been done in the past from the 2k series!

3. CPU Threshold BS!!! Wait you mean on All Madden the AI wont play smarter but will cheat like an old school Midway ARCADE game? For us gamers/NFL fans we have to glitch slide the game on pro to get a more realistic football experience! Bogus!!!!

4. Glitches that will cost you a game!!! Wait how can we have pro-tak and still have falling or tackle animations that cant be stopped for forward progress by adding more tackles. Motion shift passing, when the ball is clearly out of reach but my wr speeds up to the same speed of the ball to gain ground faster, WTF. Horrible blocking, when blockers run right passed their assignment or are just unable to do anything...... Is this more cpu threshold bs?

5. Overall lack of gameplay commitment by EA. It seems that gameplay is a after thought. If gameplay was the top priority I feel we would be playing a game with great AI, and where physics/strength/ratings/football IQ would mean something, I mean it is a football game after all!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-18-2009, 11:26 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: TOP FIVE THING YOU LOVE ABOUT MADDEN 10, TOP 5 THINGS YOU HATE ABOUT MADDEN 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeDDeN7xxl
1. No real physics (how can you have a simulated football game without realistic physics?) EA has been using the same tackle engine since 94 time to upgrade!!!
Do you really believe this hasn't changed since 94? Are you a 2k troll or are you really that stupid?
Old 09-18-2009, 11:29 AM   #3
Pro

OVR: 13
Re: TOP FIVE THING YOU LOVE ABOUT MADDEN 10, TOP 5 THINGS YOU HATE ABOUT MADDEN 10

I'll just list what I hate:

1. I hate the RB breaking out of 3-4-5-6 man gang tackles and going for a long TD.
2. I hate the feel of the pass (No real touch on passes. Yes I'm an oldschool 2K player)
3. I hate that 90% of interceptions are returned for TDs
4. I hate simplistic kicking engine (I like All Pro 2K8's better)
5. I hate we don't have the patch yet

BigBlue
Old 09-18-2009, 11:32 AM   #4
Banned

OVR: 11

The NFL license and its cost (both to own and implement) limits the other aspects of the game.
Old 09-18-2009, 12:12 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayInSaratoga
Do you really believe this hasn't changed since 94? Are you a 2k troll or are you really that stupid?
No I never said that the tackling engine didn't change I said its time to upgrade are are you a EA fan boy you must be lol stupid!!! You must like NBA live as well!!! I love football, I want to the best game to be the best instead of the only one out!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-18-2009, 12:12 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBlue
I'll just list what I hate:

1. I hate the RB breaking out of 3-4-5-6 man gang tackles and going for a long TD.
2. I hate the feel of the pass (No real touch on passes. Yes I'm an oldschool 2K player)
3. I hate that 90% of interceptions are returned for TDs
4. I hate simplistic kicking engine (I like All Pro 2K8's better)
5. I hate we don't have the patch yet

BigBlue
True True but show some love you did buy it right?
Old 09-18-2009, 12:18 PM   #7
Banned

2krules's Arena

OVR: 19

Things I love:
Graphics: Beautiful game
Animations
Mix N Match unis
Protak

Things I hate:
Commentary
Truncated replays
Infrequent replays
Fight For The Fumble - on or off, I never recover the fumbles
Boring experience - I'm only 11 games into my first season and I'm already having to give myself pep talks just to finish the season
Old 09-18-2009, 12:24 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 34

Love.

1) user friendly: Control layout, play calling, formation packages..all easy.

2) Controlling Pass rusher DLs.--lots of fun

3) Pace of the game

4) Online Franchise- good idea..id rather play in 5 online franchises with sensible, mature players, then quick matches, any day

5) sensible speed speed ratings

dislikes:

1) soft quarter and dime defenses, being able to stop ower running formations. When can we put a stop to this nonsense?

2) user controlling defenders. Dont like it. I play as a DL, because I feel like I'm controlling an ice skater when I take control of a LB or S.

3) Horrible underneath zone coverage..TE's and WR's just cross and slat through LB's and robber safeties, as if they dont exist. Why?

4) Unrealistically effective, deep zone pass coverage. Go into practice mode, call cover 3 press, with Ronde Barber, up on Randy Moss. track how long it takes Mr. moss to get a step on him.

5) unimaginative pass plays. Every pass play is more or less the same as the other, and because of the coverage issues, the majority ofthem are pretty much useless.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »