Home

It's All In The Engine Revised Edition

This is a discussion on It's All In The Engine Revised Edition within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-18-2009, 01:32 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
It's All In The Engine Revised Edition

Everyone complaining about Madden needs to realize that there's really nothing EA can do unitl they make a new football game engine and use it in future Madden's.

Suction Blocking, sideline issues, bad blocking AI, bad pursuit angles, etc.. can all be attributed to the framework that makes up Madden, and that of course is its engine.

If you're waiting for the holy grail of football games, you're probably going to have to wait until the next generation when (hopefully when) EA decides to scrap this engine, and build a new one from scratch.

Sad, but true.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-18-2009, 01:36 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 24
Re: It's All In The Engine Revised Edition

Wasn't it said before that that's what happened when the first "next-gen" Madden came out? That was a new engine;it's taken years to get everything right.

Starting over again will just lead to more years of frustration on the "next-next-gen" consoles.
Old 09-18-2009, 01:40 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 5

maybe people will soon realize that madden is not really that great at all...just all we get to choose from.
Old 09-18-2009, 01:42 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by wsboan11
maybe people will soon realize that madden is not really that great at all...just all we get to choose from.
this
Old 09-18-2009, 01:42 PM   #5
MVP

Tyrant8RDFL's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Segagendude
Wasn't it said before that that's what happened when the first "next-gen" Madden came out? That was a new engine;it's taken years to get everything right.

Starting over again will just lead to more years of frustration on the "next-next-gen" consoles.
Last gen I was not fustrated with the game. I would state what I felt could be done better, but I still played the game for a whole year.

Next gen Madden I have been very fustrated, and could not play even a month of the game before just getting rid of it, and for evey year that past. The month turned to 2 weeks , to 1 week, to a day.

I never felt anyting like that when I played Madden on last gen.

This engine should go, but sadly won't.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-18-2009, 01:42 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 5

The physics engine isn't one atomic piece of software that needs to be removed and rebuilt from scratch to be improved upon. It is a collection of independent software modules that support the game play function. On the current/next gen (PS3/360) EA has already shown an example where they have replaced on module of this engine without having to scrap the whole thing, and that's the tacking system changes from 08->09->10 where they introduced Pro-Tak in to parts, moving form a strictly animation based system in 08 and previous versions.
Old 09-18-2009, 01:46 PM   #7
Text Battle Rec: 36-4

JerzeyReign's Arena

OVR: 43

*I see Jackdog closing this shortly, lol, but......*

Everyone agrees and have beaten this topic a million trillion times. Ian probably knows this by now. I think most of us would be happy if our sugardaddy, EA, just went and bought 2k's engine from them. And then right after that put the important things in the game like: my EAGLES chant, John Madden drawing all over my screen and a random streaker every now and then.
Old 09-18-2009, 01:53 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 25

The madden engine, though upgraded and optimized for the 360/PS3, is still the SAME engine from madden 04-05 (or even earlier).

99% of ALL maddens issues come from the engine itself. It is, at its core, OLD as hell...Outdated and well behind what should have been expected on "next-gen".

The issues started when Madden 06 was released on the 360. That game should have NEVER happened. EA wanted a Next-Gen football game and the engine was recycled. They tell us it is entirely NEW...BS!!!....The reason we have the SAME issues now that we had even on early last-gen maddens is due to the Madden Engine being recycled.

Maddens engine is about 9 yrs old, around or about, if they want this game to really move forward, they need to LITERALLY start from scratch....Which they really have never done.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »