Home

Does size matter?

This is a discussion on Does size matter? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-18-2009, 09:31 PM   #17
Pro

Jump's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Does size matter?

Size does not matter on the line, and neither do ratings. A lineman with 12 ratings across the board can block elite defensive lineman as well as a 99 ovr lineman.
Old 09-18-2009, 11:47 PM   #18
Pro

OVR: 50

Nope. You gotta work with what you got
Besides, it's going to be dark in the room anyway right?

All jokes aside, the size of the players don't matter and neither do the ratings in Madden 10. Most of them weren't actually implemented to be affected in any way by another rating (agility+ route running+ speed)
Please Unban me!!!!!!! I promise I won't troll anymore!!!!!!
Football Highlights
Football Pictures
Old 09-19-2009, 12:35 AM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 5

size doesnt matter IRL anyway. people think that have a 350 pound NT means that he should be unmovable. pro OL can move anything - good NT's have the strength to be resistant to been pushed (but been that heavy certainly helps).

jay ratliff played NT for the cowboys last year & made the pro bowl. hes only 300 pounds, which is considerably undersized compared to most NTs. there were plenty of bigger NTs that didnt play as well as him.

size does matter, but it isnt more important than altheletisicm, strength, skill & technique. it's something that they teach u at any level of football.
Old 09-19-2009, 12:45 AM   #20
Rookie

permanent1's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyNutman
size doesnt matter IRL anyway. people think that have a 350 pound NT means that he should be unmovable. pro OL can move anything - good NT's have the strength to be resistant to been pushed (but been that heavy certainly helps).

jay ratliff played NT for the cowboys last year & made the pro bowl. hes only 300 pounds, which is considerably undersized compared to most NTs. there were plenty of bigger NTs that didnt play as well as him.

size does matter, but it isnt more important than altheletisicm, strength, skill & technique. it's something that they teach u at any level of football.
Ahhh ratliff is a beast but hes not that good against the run,they run right at him he can get pushed around he made the pro-bowl because he had 7.5 sacks as a 3-4 DT.

Take vince wilfork on the other hand and hes really good against the run he is strong plus all that weight makes him hard to move as for the comment about offensive lineman being able to move anything tell that to the guys that had to try and move gilbert brown in the 90's.
Old 09-19-2009, 07:14 AM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by permanent1
Ahhh ratliff is a beast but hes not that good against the run,they run right at him he can get pushed around he made the pro-bowl because he had 7.5 sacks as a 3-4 DT.

Take vince wilfork on the other hand and hes really good against the run he is strong plus all that weight makes him hard to move as for the comment about offensive lineman being able to move anything tell that to the guys that had to try and move gilbert brown in the 90's.
haha gilbert brown is great, but dont give his fat *** all the credit. he was a strong guy as well.

a couple of years ago in a SD/Jax game i saw jones-drew pancake shawn merriman. that was insane.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2009, 12:22 PM   #22
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyNutman
a couple of years ago in a SD/Jax game i saw jones-drew pancake shawn merriman. that was insane.
Yes, and it was insane for a reason. That kind of stuff can happen IRL, but it is rare and cool and rememberable. In Madden it is the norm.
Old 09-19-2009, 12:25 PM   #23
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGaither84
Yes, and it was insane for a reason. That kind of stuff can happen IRL, but it is rare and cool and rememberable. In Madden it is the norm.

Yep. It's just like the David Tyree SB catch. I'm telling you, if I see one more David Tyree catch from someone who isn't David Tyree and who is not in that situation!! I've seen everybody's WR's, TE's, HB's do this and I haven't seen Tyree do it yet LOL.
Old 09-19-2009, 12:32 PM   #24
MVP

Tyrant8RDFL's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGaither84
I noticed that also. They will add a animation that occurs rarely IRL, but in Madden it will be seen over and over.

Just like when the WR gets hit low. He whinds up flipping over and landing on his head. I mean comon not how often do u see this happen?

They really need to open up the amount of animations in the game for both sides of the ball, and really finally put proper physics into the game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »