Home

Do you we have been lied too?

This is a discussion on Do you we have been lied too? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 09-20-2009, 12:58 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Do you we have been lied too?

I recently watched an interview of Ian Cummings discussing the upcoming Madden game. In the video he was talking about how he had worked on Madden for the last 7 years, and how this Madden was gonna be the best Madden ever. He said things procedural awareness, players being able to plant their feet when running. He said things like realistic offensive/defensive line interacion. Runningbacks being able to move lineman rather than being stuck behind them. Dynamic tackling , and dynamic player control. That this was the greatest leap in gameplay ever for a Madden game. After watching this video you would be thinking this was Madden '10 he was talking bout, but no it's Madden '08. I mean if you watched that interview, and ever played '08 you know Ian has straight lied to us. From watching that video you can tell he's been a major part of Madden for the last atleast the last 3yrs. Seem like we have been had.

I hope people can see people for what they are, instead of what we want them to be.

my 2 1/2 cents
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2009, 01:31 AM   #2
MVP

Tyrant8RDFL's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Do you we have been lied too?

Quote:
Originally Posted by thereisonly1#1
I recently watched an interview of Ian Cummings discussing the upcoming Madden game. In the video he was talking about how he had worked on Madden for the last 7 years, and how this Madden was gonna be the best Madden ever. He said things procedural awareness, players being able to plant their feet when running. He said things like realistic offensive/defensive line interacion. Runningbacks being able to move lineman rather than being stuck behind them. Dynamic tackling , and dynamic player control. That this was the greatest leap in gameplay ever for a Madden game. After watching this video you would be thinking this was Madden '10 he was talking bout, but no it's Madden '08. I mean if you watched that interview, and ever played '08 you know Ian has straight lied to us. From watching that video you can tell he's been a major part of Madden for the last atleast the last 3yrs. Seem like we have been had.

I hope people can see people for what they are, instead of what we want them to be.

my 2 1/2 cents
Just so you know he has a few in here that are going to jump all over you. They find a way to defend this guy.

You should have saw what he said about Madden 09, and 10, but it doesn't matter for some in here.

I know he is going to hype the game. It's obvious and really isnt his fault. He works for EA. He can't say anything negative to hurt sales, so It's totally understandable.

People in here that believe this guy really need to understand. That Ian or anyone working for EA can't be taken word for word on their product. The best thing to do is wait and see what happens when the game releases.

It's actually huge practice right now. A ton of gamers wait and see what Madden is like before buying it, and sales prove it. Only 1,695,750 sold of Madden 10 on the PS3 and 360 world wide.

That's horrible news for EA.
Old 09-20-2009, 01:44 AM   #3
All Star

nyisles16's Arena

OVR: 46

We have a thread to discuss issues with the game (complaints) at the top of the page.. Feel free to discuss the issues you have there..

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...hread-2-a.html

Last edited by nyisles16; 09-20-2009 at 01:47 AM.
Old 09-20-2009, 01:46 AM   #4
Banned

OVR: 28

Nothing against him personally, but that interview is embarassing for them. I didn't need to see that to know that they just don't have the talent there to make a good football game, but after seeing it tonight, it just solidifies my belief even more. I'll stick with APF like I have for the last 2 years until something else comes along. Hopefully the NFL will finally awaken from that awful trance they are in and offer that license up to all companies. It's really unfortunate.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »