Home

Dynamic season

This is a discussion on Dynamic season within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-20-2009, 10:21 PM   #1
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47
Dynamic season

This is something the developers should really look into doing. I've been reading a lot about NBA Live 10 and am really amazed at what they are putting together with the Dynamic Season.

The rosters update daily and the DNA system used updates every team's offensive and defensive tendencies. You can play as many, or as few, games as you like and can control as many teams as you wish. The outcomes will mirror what happens in the real NBA, aside from the games you play. You can play the schedule as it exists or, if you miss a few days, use the Rewind feature to go back and play any game you missed.

To me, this sets up beautifully for the NFL. Think about it, there's less games 16 compared to 82 in the NBA, so theoretically, it should be easier to update rosters and team tendencies as each team only plays 1 game a week as compared to 3-5 games.

Injuries are such a huge part of football. It'd be neat to control a team and then see how injuries to certain players affect the DNA moving forward. Users would have to compensate for the roster changes and gameplan accordingly, so more strategic elements get thrown into the game with these 2 steps.

Just a thought but man it would be nice to play out an NFL season as it happens and have the results of all the games I don't play mirror what I see on TV every week.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2009, 11:06 PM   #2
MVP

teambayern's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Dynamic season

Fifa 10 has this too, and it compares your result with the real one.
Old 09-20-2009, 11:25 PM   #3
MVP

Palo20's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djwlfpack
This is something the developers should really look into doing. I've been reading a lot about NBA Live 10 and am really amazed at what they are putting together with the Dynamic Season.

The rosters update daily and the DNA system used updates every team's offensive and defensive tendencies. You can play as many, or as few, games as you like and can control as many teams as you wish. The outcomes will mirror what happens in the real NBA, aside from the games you play. You can play the schedule as it exists or, if you miss a few days, use the Rewind feature to go back and play any game you missed.

To me, this sets up beautifully for the NFL. Think about it, there's less games 16 compared to 82 in the NBA, so theoretically, it should be easier to update rosters and team tendencies as each team only plays 1 game a week as compared to 3-5 games.

Injuries are such a huge part of football. It'd be neat to control a team and then see how injuries to certain players affect the DNA moving forward. Users would have to compensate for the roster changes and gameplan accordingly, so more strategic elements get thrown into the game with these 2 steps.

Just a thought but man it would be nice to play out an NFL season as it happens and have the results of all the games I don't play mirror what I see on TV every week.
I just went and read about this a bit....I think it would be great for Madden. This would definitely take care of all sim stat issues and would help update the game throughout the season so that teams and players played realistically.

I'd love to see this implemented to Madden, with the option to convert the season into a franchise at the end of the 1st season.

Last edited by Palo20; 09-21-2009 at 12:44 AM.
Old 09-21-2009, 12:22 AM   #4
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by teambayern
Fifa 10 has this too, and it compares your result with the real one.
Not much of a soccer guy but the Fifa 10 demo is pretty cool.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Old 09-21-2009, 12:42 AM   #5
DickDalewood

OVR:

Yah, I hope this gets in eventually.

Awesome feature.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2009, 12:44 AM   #6
Pro

OVR: 10

I hate to say this, and it also saddens me to see games like NBA Live and FIFA take greater strides in their games than Madden.

There is honestly nothing about Madden 10 that I consider ground breaking and interesting.

FIFA 10 also isn't that huge an upgrade from last year, but it's getting little quality updates to modes.

Now NBA Live 10 is where it's at, they are getting the cool stuff and where gaming should be at now on consoles. And I'm not even into Basketball, but you can see the direction theyre heading in and it's very cool for a stat junkie like me.

The worst part is, I think it's because of their competition it's obviously pushing them to be that good.
Old 09-21-2009, 02:19 AM   #7
Pro

Skuxx24's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jono078
I hate to say this, and it also saddens me to see games like NBA Live and FIFA take greater strides in their games than Madden.

There is honestly nothing about Madden 10 that I consider ground breaking and interesting.

FIFA 10 also isn't that huge an upgrade from last year, but it's getting little quality updates to modes.

Now NBA Live 10 is where it's at, they are getting the cool stuff and where gaming should be at now on consoles. And I'm not even into Basketball, but you can see the direction theyre heading in and it's very cool for a stat junkie like me.

The worst part is, I think it's because of their competition it's obviously pushing them to be that good.
Excatly that is why they are brining all these great features out. The competion is b.ball games is so high i think there is like three NBA games on the market every year. That is why Live hired a 2K Guy to help with there game and look at it now it look like it could give 2k a run for it money this year but i doubt it.

Madden has to have a long hard look at themselves and ask are they putting out the best football game sim out there. from my standpoint they are not. Every it is the same old s**** If it's not the gameplay it is the franchise if it is not that it is something else and all the glitches. The don't put out the best game cause they know they are the only game on the market

I would gladly wait a extra month or two just to put out a good football game.

TO IAN CUMMINGS

Madden 10 blows this year you need to fix all the issues for i can say for myself i am sik to death of all the mishaps you guys are havng. Look at nfl 2k5 that was on a xbox a 6 year old game is still considered the best football game out there.

Very dissapointed.
Old 09-24-2009, 09:42 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 1

I want to see the Madden team add this feature.

It's a perfect addition for the NFL season.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »