Home

49ER PLAYERS

This is a discussion on 49ER PLAYERS within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-22-2009, 03:28 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: 49ER PLAYERS

also aside from the screens, lets get sum 9er talk in here. what works / what doesn't work / personnel changes etc.

i myself am doin good with hill as qb, and of coures gore, but i cant get willis to get tackls. he gets lik 3-5 a game.

maybe its cuz i user lawson and smith most of the time.

lets go ppl 9ERS 2-0!!!!! LETS GET A GOOD 9ER THREAD GOIN
Old 09-23-2009, 01:22 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 0

BUMP
Old 09-23-2009, 04:57 AM   #11
Pro

OVR: 9

I play as the Bears and 49ers are one of the teams I happen to play the most online. Most people aren't using Gore on screens. I would have to say Vernon Davis is the main weapon to stop.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2009, 03:03 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 9

I play as the Niners a good bit and my primary weapon is Vernon Davis. I like Gore as well but not as much as Davis.
Old 09-23-2009, 04:10 PM   #13
Rookie

Madden Head's Arena

OVR: 4

My problem is with screens all together in Madden 10. Madden 08 and 09 had WR screen plays down nice [I know we are talking about the HB slip screen, but please follow me here for a minute.] Now in M10 when you throw a screen, for some reason your WR will often turn and face the wrong direction on an "initial move" that totaly negates the advantage he had over the D. The Defensive line gets time ot recover and chase him from behind while the defenders downfield combined with the poor blocking logic of your team take what would have been a nice screen in real life and Madden 08/09 many times into a loss of yards.

The slip screen is by far the worst of them all. I bought the Strat guide at the midnight release becasue it was sold for 1/2 off and it is a fun read for the most part, and even in here they say how you can't run this play with out altering it because it is so poorly made [like the game itself?] This is what they recommend you do, and it does work from time to time:

Assuming you are running it to yuor right, tell your Z receiver, the one furthest away from you to run a go route [hot route + up on the left thimb stick. Aka a streak] and tell your other players all to run slants in the direction the play is going. This way regardles of zone or man you will be flooding the defense with aditional downfield blockers. In Zone this should be a killer against man it should work alright.

Next, you want to take the snap, do your normal drop back and then back off, but not sprint backwards away fro mthe D just like QBs are told to do in real life acting liek the play broke down and you are pretending to avoid presure and the sack drawing the D closer to you and away from the screen then throw the ball at the last possible second. It takes practice and the later you can wait to throw the pass the better set up the screen will be.

This of cource is another reason I dislike screens in general in Madden. In real life you see the patriots ofver the last decade throw a lot of screen and most of them involve Brady taking the snap and right away throwing the ball out on the screen and picking up big yards with the WR becasue it caught the D off guard.

Also, this year I have seen the Colts and the Steelers run an interesting new screen, or at least new to me, where the screen WR runs down field about 3 steps or so the stops and cuts back and catches the screen adn then goes down field again. It looks like they make the defender drop back into man and the sudden stop and tun around creates big seperation because the CB doesn't expect it and keeps back peddling for at least a few steps allowing blockers to come in under him and spring the WR for big yards. I think the Colts ran this play to score near the end of the last MNF game against Miami.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »