Home

Running game and Final Destination

This is a discussion on Running game and Final Destination within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-21-2009, 01:07 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Running game and Final Destination

The CPU knows exactly what run play im going to do as well as the blocking scheme . It also seems like they know where im going to juke , spin , hit stick . When my receivers catch the ball its easy to run in space by my run game blows .Im using the NYJ and on all madden i cant get a run game established . Mark Sanchez will tear up the secondary but when it comes to running the ball , the CPU seems to know exactly what im doing and the blocking scheme . I mainly use thomas jones for runs up the middle and shonn greene too , i ll save washington for stretches and tosses . My avg gain per run play is usually 2 - 3 yards and i have yet to break a 20+ yard run . Does anyone have any suggestions ? if not i ll just trade jones for a better wideout that will be of more use to me .

I dont know if anyone has this problem but my corners get all the picks and Kerry Rhodes had 0 all year . He had a decent season with 81 Tackles and 6 Sacks but no picks . What gives ?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2009, 01:17 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: Running game and Final Destination

What game speed are you playing on?
Old 09-21-2009, 01:23 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarface scotty
What game speed are you playing on?
i never changed it so whatever the setting is on when you first bought the game is the one i play with . i dont play much with the sliders because i dont understand how to adjust them .
Old 09-21-2009, 01:40 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 7

I would suggest going to the Sliders section and finding some that work well for you. I can't imagine playing this game without first adjusting the sliders. My personal recommendation would be DrewBledsoe's set.
Old 09-21-2009, 01:47 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 11

I suggest not playing on All-Madden. It cheats you by lowering your offensive lines abilities and awareness. There are some youtube videos that prove this. Try on Pro with computer sliders near max and see how this works.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2009, 01:51 PM   #6
Rookie

I use Jukeman's sliders (just saying) and I always felt that switching it up can get your rushing offense rolling. Say I waste two plays on outside runs to the right. Both get stuffed. Now if I run the same play, this time to the left, whaddaya know? Good chance I'm going to pick up 15-20 yards on a unsuspecting defense.

Loads of times I'll run it up the gut with Westbrook and get stuffed. But it sure feels good when I can make the right moves and break out for a 60 yard touchdown scamper.
Old 09-21-2009, 01:52 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by CzecHitYou
I suggest not playing on All-Madden. It cheats you by lowering your offensive lines abilities and awareness. There are some youtube videos that prove this. Try on Pro with computer sliders near max and see how this works.
So he will go from averaging 1 ypc to 6 ypc

I also suggest check the slider set sub-forum and find one that you like. I personally cant say which because I play in OF and we are forced to play on All Pro and I keep my offline franchises the same so I dont get used to one thing then get messed over with my OF.
Old 09-21-2009, 03:43 PM   #8
Rookie

Thats with any video game the CPU knows what you're going to do before you do it, there's no way around the CPU not knowing what a user on their interface is planning.

Twitter - @Sicksteen_216

"I'm the best 2K player in the Northern Hemisphere"

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »