Home

The way to play franchise mode

This is a discussion on The way to play franchise mode within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-20-2009, 01:31 AM   #97
MVP

sniperhare's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: The way to play franchise mode

You have to select every team before you begin the franchise. But you can't ever get rid of the user control element even if the CPU is controlling everything. Thus you won't see any trading block players and you have to accept every FA pick if you sit and sim each day.

You will still have draft day trades that pop up when you hit Y, it's not every team but sometimes it seems to happen alot. I usually limit it to one or two teams trading out of the top 10.

To change what team you are managing you hold the RB and cycle through until you get to what you want.
Old 12-20-2009, 08:06 AM   #98
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjsuperfly66
My problem with this whole thing is the title. This is not the way to play franchise mode, this is YOUR way for playing franchise mode in a way which is FUN for you.

For people who dont have a lot of time using random number generators, playing with multiple teams, or going through free agency, this doesnt work. If you have the time to enjoy it, so be it, but us people who go to school, have a job, and maybe get 30 mins a day to play a game dont get to reap these benefits.
I think that the point of the post was simply to share ways to make franchise fun... yet get the attention of the viewer with the title. I think it's pretty to easy to see the op did not mean his way was the only way and subsequently, the post has been about people sharing their tips. There's always someone like you crashing these posts with your negativity.

As for your "not having time" bit.... yeah, an excel function takes all of .02 seconds. I have a full time career and I am a widowed father of two kids (2 & 5). I'm quite certain I have less time in my day than you. So my franchise takes a little longer than most. If I'm lucky, I get one game in before bed about 4-5 nights a week. My offseason takes several days to a week to complete. I just deal with the time it takes to play for the additional realism I feel from the game with my method. Didn't your mother tell you, if you don't have anything nice to say........
Old 12-20-2009, 10:11 AM   #99
MVP

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmcghs
What is the best way to do this? Should I pick one team and play all those games but be a GM to all the teams? Or should I play random games and still be a GM to all teams?

This is entirely up to you. If you are going to play random games, I'd reccomend playing the game of the week. For the first week, there will be no game of the week, so I'd play either all the games, just the primetime games(Thursday, Sunday Night, and Monday), or just choose what you believe is the best game. Then for the next weeks, go to the Extra Point, and I believe the first game they preview is the game of the week. Then play that game and any others that intrigue you.

The way I do it is to basically control 1 team, play all their games, and if I see a match-up I like, I play that too. Basically I play around 22 games a year, not including the playoffs, which I enjoy to play all of those games.

Also how did you pass by the minimum pplayer requirements?
You know where it says coach whatever you have too few QB's or whatever...did you just sign random guys to fill that position?

I just let the CPU sign random guys to fill the position, and have the CPU clear CAP penalties. Every 4 weeks or so, I usually just look at every roster, just to make sure the CPU hasn't signed 3 kickers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by billsmetalbooze
ok, i made a post looking for a quick answer but i don't think that's happening, so maybe i eat some garlic hummous and get the answer in the morning:

what is the answer? well, first you need the question:

where EXACTLY do i assume control of all 32 teams? is this only in the very beginning when i start my franchise?

Well, what you can control is everything about them. If you want you can handle their trades, salaries, free agency, scouting, drafting, and even coaching throughout the whole entire franchise. If you don't want to though you can have the CPU handle everything. What I do is allow the CPU to handle their own moves, but before the season starts, make some blockbuster trades, and move players around to my liking, and handle their coaching scheme sliders for better stats.

last-gen Madden let me choose every off-season what teams i was controlling. does that still exist in the offeason? if so, where do i take control of other teams?

Well you just press RB I believe, and then move the analog stick down or up and it will change teams.

thanks. this seems like the way to go. and if it's too much work, don't give the guy a hard time he's just offering what works for him. use your goddamn head and do whatever your own time allows for you.
Answers in bold, hope I've helped.
Old 12-20-2009, 11:53 AM   #100
SimWorld Draft Class Guru

CWSapp757's Arena

OVR: 24

What up Ray. Just wanted to thank you for created this thread. I have already accepted that ypc is broken for the most part, but your tips have made rushing stats so much better. The leading rusher ran for 1569 yards with 14 touchdowns in the last year I did. Of the three seasons I have simulated, stats have been much closer to real life. Thanks again man.
Old 12-20-2009, 06:33 PM   #101
MVP

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWSapp757
What up Ray. Just wanted to thank you for created this thread. I have already accepted that ypc is broken for the most part, but your tips have made rushing stats so much better. The leading rusher ran for 1569 yards with 14 touchdowns in the last year I did. Of the three seasons I have simulated, stats have been much closer to real life. Thanks again man.
Are sacks still bad for you?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-20-2009, 09:10 PM   #102
SimWorld Draft Class Guru

CWSapp757's Arena

OVR: 24

For the most part the sacks are still bad. I will say that I have seen more linebackers at the top of the list so that's a good thing.
Old 12-20-2009, 09:29 PM   #103
MVP

sniperhare's Arena

OVR: 10

I still get a few guys with 19-22 sacks. and safties are the leading int stats, Delmas had 9 last season, the highest cb was revis with 4 ints and he was tied at 7th with Nelson.
Old 12-20-2009, 11:51 PM   #104
Banned

OVR: 13

My opinion is that we should not have to control all the teams to get a great experience playing the game. It is the only way to get realistic stats or even close to them but why should playing franchise mode be so much damn work!

I want to turn the darn game on, play as my favorite team, and have the CPU get realistic numbers in their simmed games so that I don't have to work so freaking hard to enjoy the game!!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »