Home

Old 09-23-2009, 02:44 PM   #41
Banned

OVR: 8
Re: Coach Mode

It seemed to me that Head Coach tried to get too fancy for their own good.

Drafting, trades, depth charts, play calling...that's all complicated enough and it's what I wanted in the game; but they made the menus rather cumbersome, the whole real-time thing was annoying, and there were too many artificial limits put on what you could do and when. In essence, I think they tried to add too many gimmicks thinking that the job of running the team wasn't going to be enough to keep it interesting.

All they needed to do was ramp up the Madden franchise experience, modify the on-field stuff for coach-mode style play, and add a few touchs here and there. I think they got too fancy for their own good.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2009, 02:54 PM   #42
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Mallow
It seemed to me that Head Coach tried to get too fancy for their own good.

Drafting, trades, depth charts, play calling...that's all complicated enough and it's what I wanted in the game; but they made the menus rather cumbersome, the whole real-time thing was annoying, and there were too many artificial limits put on what you could do and when. In essence, I think they tried to add too many gimmicks thinking that the job of running the team wasn't going to be enough to keep it interesting.

All they needed to do was ramp up the Madden franchise experience, modify the on-field stuff for coach-mode style play, and add a few touchs here and there. I think they got too fancy for their own good.
The ironic part is they didn't have to touch the on-field play really...it was fine as originally done...you called plays, made hot route assignments, subs, etc just like you did in Madden...then hit snap and it would play it out.

Now, they put it back but not completely....why control kicks? why control defenders? It's "Coach Mode" not "Be everyone but the QB Mode"

I'm crossing my fingers the 2nd patch will change these things...but doubt it.
Old 09-23-2009, 03:56 PM   #43
Pro

crob8822's Arena

Gentlemen, I enjoy playing coach mode, I wonder if any of you would like to see the rosters increased to 80 during the preseason with 2 cutdowns following the 3rd and 4th preseason game.
Also I would like to see a 5 man practice squad form. I would like to see more injuries along the offensive and defensive line this would be more life like.
currently I am running with the Cowboys and none of my offensive lineman have missed any games, note I am in the 2nd year of my offline franchise.
I already won a superbowl and after 3 games, I am undefeated playing on all pro with 15:00 quarters default sliders hardcore playcalling system.
I am worried that my team will go undefeated, sounds strange but I want a realistic experience I am finding the cpu in alot of games do not stick with the running game.
I have alot of pick six interceptions which I hope it is taken care of with this patch.
I have no problem with the running game, the passing game is a bit easy with Tony Romo, he was injured in the 2nd game of my franchise and I had to go with Stephen McGee I noticed in the passing game there was a difference I won the game because washington's quarterback threw 3 pick six, ( a little to much for my taste) also the Redskins quit running the ball when it was a close game.
I wish I can find getting this game to play better any suggestions?
Old 09-23-2009, 04:00 PM   #44
Rookie

Hughey2k's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by crob8822
Gentlemen, I enjoy playing coach mode, I wonder if any of you would like to see the rosters increased to 80 during the preseason with 2 cutdowns following the 3rd and 4th preseason game.
Also I would like to see a 5 man practice squad form. I would like to see more injuries along the offensive and defensive line this would be more life like.
currently I am running with the Cowboys and none of my offensive lineman have missed any games, note I am in the 2nd year of my offline franchise.
I already won a superbowl and after 3 games, I am undefeated playing on all pro with 15:00 quarters default sliders hardcore playcalling system.
I am worried that my team will go undefeated, sounds strange but I want a realistic experience I am finding the cpu in alot of games do not stick with the running game.
I have alot of pick six interceptions which I hope it is taken care of with this patch.
I have no problem with the running game, the passing game is a bit easy with Tony Romo, he was injured in the 2nd game of my franchise and I had to go with Stephen McGee I noticed in the passing game there was a difference I won the game because washington's quarterback threw 3 pick six, ( a little to much for my taste) also the Redskins quit running the ball when it was a close game.
Try using MySkill. Nole and I are running with it now in our coach mode games and it plays very well. You will not win all games playing with it.....
Old 09-23-2009, 04:04 PM   #45
Pro

crob8822's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hughey2k
Try using MySkill. Nole and I are running with it now in our coach mode games and it plays very well. You will not win all games playing with it.....
Thanks man, for the information.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2009, 04:07 PM   #46
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by crob8822
Yes to expanded rosters and practice squad.

They really just need to add better off-season features to Madden and just keep the coach mode option...LIKE IT WAS (can't keep saying this enough, why kick your own FGs????)....

Unfortunately, none of those changes will come this year...
Old 09-23-2009, 04:10 PM   #47
All Star

DakkoN's Arena

OVR: 37

my biggest gripe with my skill + all-pro cpu on coach mode is the lack of sacks/pressure in general.. i've seen 1 sack and that's because all receivers were heavily covered so Mark Sanchez just stood in the pocket for about 12 seconds before being took down..
Old 09-23-2009, 05:01 PM   #48
Pro

crob8822's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by javy35
Yes to expanded rosters and practice squad.

They really just need to add better off-season features to Madden and just keep the coach mode option...LIKE IT WAS (can't keep saying this enough, why kick your own FGs????)....

Unfortunately, none of those changes will come this year...
I am in agreement with you there, I could not understand why they took it back to the madden 2001 play with auto pass feature.
they (EA) gave us coach mode in the 2005 game for the ps2 and when they switched to the next gen system they took it away put it back in this year but took it back to the 2001 version.

What a tease! Man if they can get the pass rush going, well I think the whole defensive process needs to be redone.

Hey how about adding defensive assignments for the whole defense
IE, each lineman is given a assignment like normal, or plug the gap,pass rush? Because there are now many versions of the 3-4 defense as well as the 4-3 sets.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »