Home

Old 09-23-2009, 06:29 PM   #49
MVP

OVR: 18
Re: Coach Mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hughey2k
I am sure you are right about the offseason stuff. What Madden 10 offers works fine for me. I just can't get past the boredom of HC09......
To each their own. I'd get bored too quickly with Madden 10 (As I have really with most recent Maddens) because it would be too easy to win.

In all of the years I've played Madden (This dates back to the SNES) I have NEVER once missed the playoffs, or even come close to missing the playoffs, on the hardest level, no "cheesing" or anything like that.

But on NFL Head Coach, I MISSED the playoffs one season, and hardly made the playoffs another season. For all of the tremendous flaws (And there was plenty) in NFL HC, all of the little things made that game easily one of my favorite sports games ever.

It's still behind Tecmo Super Bowl on SNES in terms of pure awesome though.
Old 09-23-2009, 09:05 PM   #50
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

OVR: 22

My only real problem with coach mode is that I'm not the best playcaller in the world and THAT is the beauty of playing coach mode...calling the plays.
Old 09-23-2009, 09:58 PM   #51
Rookie

steeluk's Arena

OVR: 6

I must say the addition of the broadcast cam has completely revitalised coach mode. It's a much better perspective to watch from.
Philadelphia Phillies

Currently Playing:

Wii U - Super Mario 3D World, The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD

PS3 - Madden NFL 25, Dark Souls

3DS - The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds, Pokemon Y

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2009, 10:08 PM   #52
Rookie

OVR: 3

Dumb question but what is coach mode and how do I do it? Sounds fun but I dont know how to do it. Thanx guys
Old 09-23-2009, 10:13 PM   #53
Rookie

steeluk's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by NE Rams Fan
Dumb question but what is coach mode and how do I do it? Sounds fun but I dont know how to do it. Thanx guys
If you go to game settings, there's an option to turn on Coach Mode. All it does is, once you pick a play and snap the ball, the cpu does the rest. It makes it more about calling the right plays rather than how good you are as a player. I recommend giving it a shot at least once.
Philadelphia Phillies

Currently Playing:

Wii U - Super Mario 3D World, The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD

PS3 - Madden NFL 25, Dark Souls

3DS - The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds, Pokemon Y

Old 09-23-2009, 10:15 PM   #54
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by javy35
The ironic part is they didn't have to touch the on-field play really...it was fine as originally done...you called plays, made hot route assignments, subs, etc just like you did in Madden...then hit snap and it would play it out.

Now, they put it back but not completely....why control kicks? why control defenders? It's "Coach Mode" not "Be everyone but the QB Mode"

I'm crossing my fingers the 2nd patch will change these things...but doubt it.
I'm with you. I hope they add this to the next patch.
Old 09-23-2009, 10:16 PM   #55
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by crob8822
I am in agreement with you there, I could not understand why they took it back to the madden 2001 play with auto pass feature.
they (EA) gave us coach mode in the 2005 game for the ps2 and when they switched to the next gen system they took it away put it back in this year but took it back to the 2001 version.

What a tease! Man if they can get the pass rush going, well I think the whole defensive process needs to be redone.

Hey how about adding defensive assignments for the whole defense
IE, each lineman is given a assignment like normal, or plug the gap,pass rush? Because there are now many versions of the 3-4 defense as well as the 4-3 sets.
Good points.

The thing is that this doesn't have to be complicated. The gameplay additions--like the ones you mentioned--are applicable across the board.

I'd like to see customed playbooks, drastic overhaul to o-line calls (which are the most important IRL), and all that.

But for right now, just re-vert back to the old coach mode...it's a simple change, I bet they could do it for patch 2....

BTW: Explain a bit more how your idea works...I would select the guard and give him a specific assignment (hot route-style)? Or would this be something you call from the playbook menu?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2009, 11:22 PM   #56
Rookie

agreed. i would be completely satisfied with any additions they make to madden as long as coach mode is like it was in the old playstation games. no control of the players after the snap is the only way to play it. Honestly, as much as people complain about this game I bet I will really like it if they fix this issue in the second patch. the point of coach mode is to not have any control of the players after the snap. i don't know why they would change this. I bet it would be pretty easy to make this change within the programming. i hope they do.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »