Home

NCAA FOOTBALL 10

This is a discussion on NCAA FOOTBALL 10 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-22-2009, 08:34 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 4
NCAA FOOTBALL 10

im a long time madden fan. but this may be the first time that ncaa football is actually better than madden any one eles agree? the camera feature for ncaa football is truly a breath of fresh air. madden becomes a yawn after a few games.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2009, 08:39 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 18
Re: NCAA FOOTBALL 10

You may be on the wrong forum asking this, but in my opinion it is the first year where NCAA is very far behind in every way. I have only played a handful of times; and I usually only play that.
Old 09-22-2009, 09:09 AM   #3
MVP

jclentzthadon's Arena

OVR: 15

NCAA = garbage

Tron jogging like crazy, it's in super-duper speed and the player movements are a joke BUT as some here like to play offline or whatever then maybe they have great stat tracking and all that stuff I don't know. I do know 1 thing you cannot even compare the 2. Maddens gameplay is exceptional compared to NCAA. I mean seriously, did NCAA have to give you the run right, run left, run middle pass stuff on defense because the gameplay was that bad?
Old 09-22-2009, 09:10 AM   #4
Pro

Dbrentonbuck's Arena

OVR: 6

My own thoughts on this are that NCAA is a much better game in some ways and a much worse game in others. I agree with you that the defensive player lock is the best feature in any game since... well a very long time. It gives playing defense the same stage presence (for lack of a better term) as playing quarterback. This makes playing defense on NCAA infinately better than on Madden. As far as gameplay, NCAA is a deeper experience. For instance you have to establish the run to effectively run play action in NCAA. In Madden, you can run a play action dive successfuly even if you have never run a dive play in the game. Also, the game plan feature is brilliant in concept, but somewhat poorly executed in NCAA. So, in those ways, NCAA is a better game to me.

However, the adjustable speed of Madden, the graphics, progression and the deeper QB ratings are far superior to NCAA. In my opinion the perfect game would be Madden with NCAA's version of player lock, play action, and a better version of game planning combined with a lighter version of NFL Head Coach franchise mode.
Old 09-22-2009, 09:35 AM   #5
Banned

OVR: 5

I hate to admit it, but IMO Madden is better than NCAA.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2009, 09:40 AM   #6
Rookie

this year, I also have to give it to madden...the damn moving/jogging camera in NCAA was too much and it felt more arcadey than previous years....and EA is pissing me off more than ever with thier ads to sell DLC all over dynasty/franchise in both games.
Old 09-22-2009, 05:49 PM   #7
Rookie

NCAA has been way better than Madden for several years now. If anything, the gap is much closer this year, as this is the best Madden in quite some time, and NCAA seems to have regressed quite a bit.
Old 09-22-2009, 05:59 PM   #8
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

OVR: 35
Location: Atlanta, GA (On unholy ground, NOLA still greatest city ever)

I feel the complete opposite of the OP. This the first year(current gen) that Madden blew NCAA away.

Number may not tell the whole story ,but they never lie either.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »