Home

highlighting a player

This is a discussion on highlighting a player within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-22-2009, 02:17 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 5
highlighting a player

Does anyone do this and do you think it works? I do it all the time but dont know if its doing anything or not. I usally highlight either the rb or their best wr.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2009, 02:46 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: highlighting a player

To me, yes and no, I've seen secondary jump all over a receiver when highlighted but at the same time when I know someones running and I highlight the running back theres no difference in effort...

Twitter - @Sicksteen_216

"I'm the best 2K player in the Northern Hemisphere"
Old 09-22-2009, 02:56 PM   #3
Rookie

WilesThing's Arena

OVR: 1

On a pass play, it makes defenders in zone coverage sag over to the highlighted player earlier if he comes close to their zone and stay with him longer as he runs through it. This can leave other guys wide open since any defender within ten yards is drifting towards the highlighted player.

It doesn't do anything on running plays.
Old 09-22-2009, 03:26 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 2

I have found that spotlighting doesn't work any where near as well as it did last year. Last year I could usually shut down one player using spotlight. IMO it worked perfectly in 09. In 10 however I've found that it makes little to no difference. I've had numerous games where I knew the exact play that was being called, knew who he was going to throw to, and spotlighted that guy with a zone in the appropriate area, and yet he would still be wide open.
Old 09-22-2009, 03:40 PM   #5
MVP

baseballsim's Arena

OVR: 6

It does seem to work against an online opponent if they keep on passing to the same player.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2009, 03:43 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 25

Meh....Iffy at best on WR/TE....Does NOTHING on running plays from what i can see. I get the same results without spotlighting anybody as i do using it....I think its a throw away "feature".

If it worked the way it should, the D should SWARM on a running play(but for balance i can see why it may be useless) and cover a WR/TE like a blanket when used.

Just my .02

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »