Home

Anyone else hate when people cheese online?

This is a discussion on Anyone else hate when people cheese online? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-23-2009, 03:53 PM   #33
MVP

OVR: 18
Re: Anyone else hate when people cheese online?

Don't care anymore. I understand now that peoples perception of sim football are not the same. Think about all the dudes at the bar that scream for the coach to go for it on every 4th down--these are the majority that play Madden.

I have learned that dudes who watch football regularly, actually have no clue about the x's and o's, and that's cool. Its a game and folks have fun playing which ever way they want.
Old 09-23-2009, 04:20 PM   #34
Banned

haze56's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sausage
Don't care anymore. I understand now that peoples perception of sim football are not the same. Think about all the dudes at the bar that scream for the coach to go for it on every 4th down--these are the majority that play Madden.

I have learned that dudes who watch football regularly, actually have no clue about the x's and o's, and that's cool. Its a game and folks have fun playing which ever way they want.
It's just a videogame man...It's supposed to be fun. Telling someone how to play is ********. There is no rule against a coach going for it on 4th down...He chooses to...Maybe I think I will pick up the 1st down so I'll take a risk and go for it. There are no rules in football that makes a coach punt.
Old 09-23-2009, 04:38 PM   #35
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

This is why I'll never play the game online.

People would probably think I'm a cheeser. I will use my best players to create mismatches. If I am the Titans, you can bet I will give Chris Johnson as many touches as I can - kinda like what they did to the Texans this week in the NFL. Why shouldn't I? Because Chris Johnson is "too hard to stop"?

Heck, if I'm Baltimore - I'm throwing to Ray Rice a lot. That's what they do in real life. He was their leading receiver last week (as Sproles was for SD).

If it's 4th and inches and I'm anywhere past my own 45 but outside of Huschka's range, I'll probably go for it. I have a big, powerful fullback in McClain and a decent offensive line. If he can't get a half-yard, then congrats to the enemy D and I have to scramble to stop you from getting at least 3 points. Such is football.

Sorry, but I'm not going to let McClain wave his arm off being wide open so I can hold the ball and let you kill Flacco if you're having success getting blitz pressure on my QB.

I won't exploit glitches in the game, but I sure as heck will try to exploit holes in the enemy defense and skill mismatches if I can get them just like I expect my opponent would.

On defense, the Ravens are a pressure-oriented defense (i.e. their DBs aren't great aside from Reed), so I'd probably blitz a lot. Won't be sell-out engage eight because that's just suicide if the offense has any kind of route that's over the middle, but probably send 5 or 6 the vast majority of the time. Probably could get called cheeser for "too much" blitzing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2009, 04:45 PM   #36
Banned

OVR: 6

I used to have a problem with people cheesing. Now I don't. 'Cause most of the time, if they're stupid enough to go for it on 4th and 18, I can stop them. If they do stuff like that, my guess is that they'll probably use the same 3 offensive plays and same 3 defensive plays, so it won't take long to completely take away their game.

The only thing I've seen that people do that bothers me online is if they're beating me by a huge margin (let's say by at least 3 or more scores), and I've hung with them the whole game because it's not cool to quit, then they keep passing and running up the score in the 4th quarter. It's just rude.
Old 09-23-2009, 04:56 PM   #37
Pro

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthlaidher
i kinda like it when they go for the forth down with 18 yrds to go lmao cause that means i'll probably get the ball in good field position lol who cares when they go for it like that. just stoppem and take the good field position. and then when u score they'll probably quit lol.
But the point is, a gamer wants to play the game as if he was watching an actual NFL game. It's not the point that you can stop someone on 4th and 18, and you'll have good field position. If I played online and every opponent was cheesing, going for it on 4th and long all the time, and I stop them, I'd get bored. Because every game will be the same. I'll easily score a TD, get a win, which will feel meaningless to me. I don't get all deep into stats. I'd rather have fun playing games with an opponent who plays the game like the pros do, and it's a close game where one or two plays make a difference of winning or losing. That's more enjoyable than playing with a cheeser who goes for it on 4th down, don't convert and then quits. That's a waste of time.
Old 09-23-2009, 05:08 PM   #38
Banned

haze56's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAzing87
But the point is, a gamer wants to play the game as if he was watching an actual NFL game. It's not the point that you can stop someone on 4th and 18, and you'll have good field position. If I played online and every opponent was cheesing, going for it on 4th and long all the time, and I stop them, I'd get bored. Because every game will be the same. I'll easily score a TD, get a win, which will feel meaningless to me. I don't get all deep into stats. I'd rather have fun playing games with an opponent who plays the game like the pros do, and it's a close game where one or two plays make a difference of winning or losing. That's more enjoyable than playing with a cheeser who goes for it on 4th down, don't convert and then quits. That's a waste of time.
Again there is no rule in the NFL that makes teams punt...If a coach wanted to go for it on 4th and 18 he has the right.
Old 09-23-2009, 05:24 PM   #39
Banned

DX UnLeaSheD's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by haze56
Again there is no rule in the NFL that makes teams punt...If a coach wanted to go for it on 4th and 18 he has the right.
That is true. But, no coach in their right mind would go for it on 4th and 18 unless they are down in the 4th quarter..
Old 09-23-2009, 05:31 PM   #40
Banned

haze56's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DX UnLeaSheD
That is true. But, no coach in their right mind would go for it on 4th and 18 unless they are down in the 4th quarter..
Coaches go for it on 4th down at times when people don't think they should. As the "coach" you have to decide whether you think you can get the first down or if you think you should punt it. It should be all in the users hands whether or not he punts or not.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »