Home

Ridiculous contracts in Franchise mode (possible draft spoiler)

This is a discussion on Ridiculous contracts in Franchise mode (possible draft spoiler) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-23-2009, 06:29 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Ridiculous contracts in Franchise mode (possible draft spoiler)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyNutman
why are people complaining about this like its broken?
News Flash: It is broken. When I choose to sign someone to my team and it says desired contract of 600k with no sign on bonus for a length of one year, but when I myself click on them to sign them for that, it turns out to be 2 million with 500k sign on bonus for a one year contract. Then I switch to CPU signing, my team can sign them for their original desired amount of 600k for one year. That means its broken!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2009, 07:40 PM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dianwei32

Also, on a side note, I was looking through the FA pool and was looking to sign a backup LG who was rated a 62 OVR and it said that I could sign him to a 1-year, deal for $750k (this was mid-season to replace an injured player), but when I went to sign him he kept wanting a 5-year, $25M deal. Anyone else seen that happen?

I had an injury that left me looking for a CB, so I saw C. McCallister sitting there with old age and a Low "will sign for" information, but when I went to sign him he wanted a HUGE contract..... Nothing I could do to get him anywhere near what the info screen was saying he wanted.
Ended up just signing him for a large 1 year contract so that I could fill my hole with a quality player.
Should have let the computer do it so i could have had him at a reasonable rate i guess
Old 09-23-2009, 08:19 PM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 4

it would work better if you could at least tell the cpu who you want it to go after for you and maybe set some guidelines - "find me a cb and give him a 3 yr deal if he is over age 32 at max of 3 mil" type logic
Old 09-23-2009, 08:34 PM   #28
Banned

OVR: 12

landry is a beast at FS dude hits hard and causes fumbles for me all the time and has great hands too.
Old 09-23-2009, 09:16 PM   #29
Pro

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyNutman
why are people complaining about this like its broken?

NEWS FLASH: TOP DRAFT PICKS WILL ALWAYS HOLD OUT FOR MORE MONEY!

micheal crabtree hasnt even signed with the 49ers cos he doesnt feel the offer is high enough.

we've seen stuff like this happen all the time in real life.
Yea, but Crabtree wants the same money that Heyward-Bey got, which was only a difference of like $4M, the 49er's were offering him $20M and he wanted $24M.

If you draft a player in the top 10... they want $75M+, which no team would ever give an unproven rookie. It would be one thing if I was offering a $30M contract and he held out for $40M or even $45M, but when the CPU can sign the #1 overall pick to a 6-year, $40M contract, and I have to sign the #3 overall pick to a 6-year $98M, something is wrong.

As someone else said, they don't even re-enter the draft or let you keep their rights, they just go into FA and a CPU controlled team can pick him up for a 3-year, $5M contract.
Old 09-23-2009, 10:15 PM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 3

It doesn't fix the problem,but I turn off the salary cap b/c of stuff like this. And even then there is plenty of rookies I just let go because of unreasonable amounts asked.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »