Home

Coaches changing gameplan and Bad QBs

This is a discussion on Coaches changing gameplan and Bad QBs within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-23-2009, 01:00 PM   #1
Pro

billyboy316's Arena

OVR: 7
Coaches changing gameplan and Bad QBs

Ok this isn't a rant but more of an observation from a fantasy draft.

So I do my fantasy draft with my Bears team and sim the preseason games. My first game is against the Packers but I notice David Carr is starting because Jake Delhomme is done for the year. I also see they have LT so I get ready for him to run the ball 20+ times against me. However Green Bays coach decides to come out and pass the ball 8 times in a row before they run the ball. They passed the ball 34 times compared to only 9 rushes.

Now I understand that IRL Green Bay passes the ball a bunch and if Delhomme was healthy it would be understandable. However would you think the coaches would want to run LT instead of letting David Carr pass the ball 34 times? Like I said this isn't a rant but just an observation and maybe it was because I got off to an early lead so it automatically makes the team pass more.

Which brings me to my next observation. I am glad to see crappy quarterbacks actually suck. In the game I was just talking about, David Carr went 14-34 for 101 yards with 0 touchdowns and 3 interceptions for a qb rating of 12.1. He did make some great throws but a lot of his throws were off target or were lobbed in there instead of a bullet pass.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2009, 01:07 PM   #2
Serenity Now!

Random Hero's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Coaches changing gameplan and Bad QBs

David Carr throwing 34 times is more than likely the direct result of the coaching sliders. If they are computer controlled, a team's QB can be the worst in the league or the best and it won't matter. If the team is pass heavy in their coaching scheme no matter who's behind center, the ball will get passed a lot more than it is run. If that makes sense.

Last edited by Random Hero; 09-23-2009 at 01:09 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »