Home

Stopping the "kamikaze" CPU blitzing

This is a discussion on Stopping the "kamikaze" CPU blitzing within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-23-2009, 11:30 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 5
Stopping the "kamikaze" CPU blitzing

Has anyone found a way to cut down on the way the CPU teams send 7-8 players over 50% of the time?

I have tried setting every coach in my franchise's defensive aggressiveness to 0...This doesn't appear to do much, as I still have teams who blitz almost every down. Is there something else we can do here? It would be nice if we could create a playbook and just remove all of those pointless "Engage Eight" plays...but, we don't have that ability.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2009, 11:40 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 4
Re: Stopping the "kamikaze" CPU blitzing

dude, this is the easiest play to stop, just zip it to your RB in a screen pass, once you do it a few times the cpu will stop.
Old 09-23-2009, 11:43 PM   #3
Banned

I believe Thelateralline is right. Burn that defense a few times with quick passes to your backs in the flats, and the blitzing tones down.
Old 09-23-2009, 11:47 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesfan17
Has anyone found a way to cut down on the way the CPU teams send 7-8 players over 50% of the time?

I have tried setting every coach in my franchise's defensive aggressiveness to 0...This doesn't appear to do much, as I still have teams who blitz almost every down. Is there something else we can do here? It would be nice if we could create a playbook and just remove all of those pointless "Engage Eight" plays...but, we don't have that ability.
saying it happens 50% of the time in a game is a bit unfair dont ya think? It is... its also team dependent as well because certain teams are much more aggressive and like others have said... quick dumps to your RB's is a way to counter attack. Also do you call audibles at all? Do you send TE's in motion at all? ...I think its PERFECT with the cpu D being aggressive and hopefully the patch fine tunes the outside runs a bit better although i did find a nice set of sliders to help this so im fine either way i guess..overall great game of pigskin

Last edited by Moegames; 09-23-2009 at 11:51 PM.
Old 09-23-2009, 11:47 PM   #5
Rookie

It's pointless...It doesn't matter how many times you burn them, they just keep doing it. I'm not complaining because it makes the game hard. My problem is that it makes games against the CPU too easy!

I can easily have a crap TE look like an all-pro against the CPU when they're constantly blitzing everyone.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2009, 11:55 PM   #6
Banned

I think you have a right to complain. I believe the money you put out for this game, should entitle you to a better brand of football.
Old 09-23-2009, 11:59 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 3

Honestly I have found that the quick cross routes during the 7-9 man blitzes have stopped them. Pulled one on the titans my last game. They sent 9 in the first quarter, bit on play action and focused on Lewis. I hit Braylon Edwards over the middle Heiden picked up a safety and went on to score. After that the CPU didn't rush more than 5 the rest of the game. From what i have seen if you pull a big play or two the CPU does stop all out blitzes.
Old 09-24-2009, 12:26 AM   #8
Text Battle Rec: 36-4

JerzeyReign's Arena

OVR: 43

Their is a thread somewhere, probably in the sliders section, where someone controlled all 32 teams and said he found a cure. Forget his/it's name though....

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »