Home

Pancakes?... JUST REMOVE THEM FROM THE GAME!!

This is a discussion on Pancakes?... JUST REMOVE THEM FROM THE GAME!! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-24-2009, 09:36 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: Pancakes?... JUST REMOVE THEM FROM THE GAME!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by booker21
I mean, if they are not going to get this right and they don`t even care to fix this.. why they have this stat on the game?

Just base the OL progression on Rushing Yds and HB Avg and remove the Pancake stat...

OR..

FIX IT!..
yea lineman progression should be based on how many times they get beat by the defender or how many tackles they give up behind the line of scrimmage. i mean they can tell us how many sacks they let happen but nothing else??

same for corners. there should be a stat for times thrown to their side and yards per attempt. it cant be that hard to do.
Old 09-24-2009, 09:50 AM   #10

Deegeezy's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by smittymac
So how would you get lineman into the probowl?
Lineman IRL get Pro Bowl votes mainly in two ways - Team offensive success and individual popularity. Not stats

I think a combination of sacks allowed, rating, and team success should play a factor. There should also be a general "% of individual successful plays" being accounted for.
Old 09-24-2009, 09:52 AM   #11
Support Sim

BroMontana82's Arena

OVR: 52

absolutely. no one has even addressed this, at least for user controlled games. this is really annoying.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-24-2009, 04:31 PM   #12
MVP

booker21's Arena

OVR: 16

Exaclty, since i can remember this was never right.. or the User controlled team had way to many pancakes and you end up with your entire OL on the pro Bowl

or

they got 0 pancakes while SIM games end up with 10 pancakes per game.

SO just get rid of them, i mean if you couldn`t fix it for like.. 5 years.. just get rid of it.

leave Sacks allowed and base Progession on TFL, YPC, Total Yds.

Hope EA is listening.
Old 09-24-2009, 05:04 PM   #13
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

OVR: 35
Location: Atlanta, GA (On unholy ground, NOLA still greatest city ever)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deegeezy
Lineman IRL get Pro Bowl votes mainly in two ways - Team offensive success and individual popularity. Not stats

I think a combination of sacks allowed, rating, and team success should play a factor. There should also be a general "% of individual successful plays" being accounted for.
The problem is the engine seems to only recognize stats!

Number may not tell the whole story ,but they never lie either.
Old 09-24-2009, 05:05 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 2

My buddy drafted an 84 ovr LT with A potential. After 1 season he progressed to... 84 ovr. i guess he didnt have many pancakes. so stupid.
Old 09-24-2009, 05:16 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 4

What are you talking about? What is wrong with pancakes in the game? Have you ever played an actual down of real football in your entire life? Do you know what a pancake is? Do you know how rare they are? If you have 3 pancakes in a game that is equal to a 200 yard receiving day for any receiver. 180 yards rushing for a RB or 300 yards and 4TDs for a quarterback. They are spot on with this stat, as more games in real life feature ZERO pancakes. I dont know what you were told a pancake is, but it sounds like i might be entertained by your definition.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-24-2009, 05:18 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 4

Another thing. my offensive lineman progress just fine. i dont know if you want to have 5 steve hutchinsons or what, but every line has at least 2 mediocre players. get used to the fact that just cause a guy plays every down doesnt mean he is going to progress into one of the better lineman in the league. If that was true, the packers would be a superbowl lock based on their offensive and defensive lines.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »