Home

Madden NFL 10 Patch #1 Available, Post Impressions Here

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 10 Patch #1 Available, Post Impressions Here within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-24-2009, 10:00 AM   #81
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62
Re: Madden NFL 10 Patch #1 Available, Post Impressions Here

can't really make a conclusive determination on that yet Grunt. It seems that my line is blocking better and holding blocks longer on running plays, but I'm playing the Lions so.....

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-24-2009, 10:01 AM   #82
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Mr T
I'm yet to download the patch but it seems like there's a mixed reaction to it on here.

The game is playing fine for me as things stand with my custom sliders/coaching schemes, so my question is, if I download the patch and don't like it, is there anyway of deleting the patch?
I'm not sure about 360, but for the PS3, you can delete the game data utility from your hard drive and that will eliminate the patch.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 09-24-2009, 10:02 AM   #83
Pro

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
Ok, this patch has improved the quality of this game by a pretty good margin. The fatigue is the most notable thing for me, as I ran the ball down the Lions throats and watched as their players labored to fight off blocks, make sound tackles, and keep up with receivers on PA passes. On defense, I had to rotate d-lineman more than before due to them getting fatigue. This may be the most welcomed addition via the patch for me.

Also, it could just be a fluke, but through one half of football, I haven't seen the cpu bring all out blitzes that leave the middle of the field wide open. Yes, they have brought blitzes, but they haven't emptied the middle of the field. Again, I only played on half, but it was something that happened pretty frequently before. Maybe the better man coverage recognition fix in the patch, help eliminate/reduce this problem.

And thank goodness, I can now kick field goals without fear of being called for holding. 12pts via field goal in the 1st half, and none were brought back due to holding.
no fluke imo, just played some games against the pats,bolts,ravens, and steelers,the defensive play calling by the ai was situational rather than all out blitzing
NCAAF- MIAMI LSU
"IM SO UPTOWN AND IF U AIN'T MOTHA#$@ DONT GO UPTOWN, YEAH"

Quote:
How often can the bug be reproduced? That's a question for the developers...I'm not testing this for them...
Old 09-24-2009, 10:02 AM   #84
I Drink Like A Champion!!

yankeesgiants's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by grunt
Have the offensive line play improved?
depends how you look at it. The fatigue effect of the D-Line allows the the O-Line to hold there blocks longer. The holes tend to get bigger on longer drives towards the end of games. You still have to mix it up though.
Old 09-24-2009, 10:04 AM   #85
MVP

OVR: 12

Haven't played this game in a good while. But, to me on All-Madden default the cpu can run the ball. DeAngelo Williams was having his way vs. me (Falcons.) It seems as if for human and cpu the line of scrimmage is re-established. Before it seemed to be in the backfield. Now it seems to be at the line of scrimmage. Less negative yardage runs. Seem like the loss of 2 yard runs are now 0 yard runs and the 0 yard runs are now 2 yard gains.

Really small sample size but, this is what I've noticed in terms of the running game for both human and cpu.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-24-2009, 10:04 AM   #86
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankrizzo380
i totally understand where u comming from LB, but they shouldnt, i have never seen that route on sundays the way ea has modified it, the funny thing is is that once he finnaly breaks into the route, the guy covering him still gets beat?!!!? come one now. so now when someone wants to nano me i cant make them back off by quick slanting my hb outta the backfield? thats gonna be a challenge to find another blitz beater imo
I know, but as players we don't know what is the consequence on the development side of tankering with the Linebacker behavior. They just sorta patchwork stuff because something else seems like it will always break by actually going in and fixing it. They might need a lot more time to actually fix it, so to get people to stop abusing the route they do something that is not popular at all but them's the breaks I guess.
Old 09-24-2009, 10:05 AM   #87
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankrizzo380
no fluke imo, just played some games against the pats,bolts,ravens, and steelers,the defensive play calling by the ai was situational rather than all out blitzing
That's good to hear!! I'm stuck at work today but, I'm downloading the patch on my lunch break and playing when I get home tonight. I'll post impressions then.

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Old 09-24-2009, 10:08 AM   #88
MVP

cdon2k's Arena

OVR: 20

Thanks but no thanks to all of those who post/self promote their slider settings in the "PATCH 1 IMPRESSIONS" thread... If I have to read "I play on all madden and have my run blocking set to 0" or something similar while looking for impressions, I am going to throw something. I am tired of sifting through people's slider settings just to get impressions, this happens all too often in these threads when there is a separate area for this. Mods? Can we keep this thread on topic?

Last edited by cdon2k; 09-24-2009 at 10:10 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »