Home

Madden NFL 10 Patch #1 Available, Post Impressions Here

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 10 Patch #1 Available, Post Impressions Here within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-24-2009, 08:05 AM   #41
Support Sim

BroMontana82's Arena

OVR: 52
Re: Madden NFL 10 Patch #1 Available, Post Impressions Here

good to see CPU rushing is better with improved slider effectiveness. can someone comment on how the pass rush is now? is it better for user controlled sacks? i was hoping the patch would help with this.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-24-2009, 08:07 AM   #42
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

OVR: 34

I didn't have much time to gauge the gameplay; I only played for a total of 10-15 mins this morning.

But the broadcast cam is brilliant(!) for CPU vs. CPU games. The lack of replays still hurts, but I can already see the fun once I start putting my stamp on the Cowboys in franchise mode and watching how they play on the field.
Old 09-24-2009, 08:07 AM   #43
All Star

DakkoN's Arena

OVR: 37

I definitely don't agree with CPU rushing being better. I've played 3 games now and they've not had 1 10+ yard rush yet and usually end up with about 15 rushes for 20-30 yards.
Old 09-24-2009, 08:11 AM   #44
Banned

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Football4Natic
for the 123,876 time.....NOOOOOOOOO

Hehe, sorry, is that NOOO as in no it won't affect your franchise or NOOO you don't have to start a new one?
Old 09-24-2009, 08:13 AM   #45
MVP

drae2's Arena

OVR: 13

I just downloaded it for the 360 and it took less than 10 seconds. Anybody else download it that fast?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-24-2009, 08:16 AM   #46
All Star

DakkoN's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by drae2
I just downloaded it for the 360 and it took less than 10 seconds. Anybody else download it that fast?
The patch itself is very small, most likely it's just a bunch of code rewrite, so obviously a bunch of text changes isn't going to be huge.

The AFL Legacy Pack is around 180 MB.
Old 09-24-2009, 08:19 AM   #47
All Star

DakkoN's Arena

I may be imagining this, but I think the amount of hard hits from the hit stick have been greatly reduced, at least on kick returns. There's been a couple times now when I've had a dead on hit on a guy on a kick return, and it just ends up going into a normal tackle animation. Doesn't bother me any if it's true, I actually like it, because there seemed to be a few too many fumbles on kick returns.

Last edited by DakkoN; 09-24-2009 at 08:22 AM.
Old 09-24-2009, 08:21 AM   #48
Pro

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by bomza
You want my impression? On the dumbing down of the R-stick left or right hot routed backs out of the backfield? Horrible.

I'm all in favor of cutting down the angle that the back can come out of the backfield which they have done. Now they have to go further up field before they make their cut. But what's with slowing down of the back for the first ten yards before he can make his cut like he's walking in freakin' molasses? This is the "solution" they came up with to backs coming out of the backfield in the flats being open?

NOT making the defensive AI smarter so they recognize them coming out of the backfield sooner, oh no...

But actually slowing down the speed of the backs coming out of the backfield like they all just pulled a hamstring or something, then speeding up to make the cut, then actually slowing down again just to be sure sure the AI DB has time to recover and catch him?

Wow. I have to do some more experimenting, but I am NOT happy with this change. This is just plain stupid and a lazy solution if you ask me. Just take out the R-stick left or right hot route altogether if you're going to do this to it. Ridiculous.
dont feel bad bro, they did the same thing with ncaa 10 in the first patch too,i play with the saints, so u can imagine my pain, oh well

well i 've had to play on normal speed setting, because though the game is much much smoother, its beginning to feel as though if the ai's team is wayyyyyy faster thanmy team, it seems even kiel on normal.
the a.i. also seems to have alot more time in the pocket(esp. when its formed correctly) it may be because a. im playing with the saints, and b. im scared to bring the heat on "D" because of how the cpu uses the fb/hb/flatscomboas a saftey net 100% of the time, dont worry though, this has been toned down alot
im forgetting something but im cool with the "Patch" so far
now where is that roster update
and show my saints some love esp the o-line!!!!!!!!!!!
NCAAF- MIAMI LSU
"IM SO UPTOWN AND IF U AIN'T MOTHA#$@ DONT GO UPTOWN, YEAH"

Quote:
How often can the bug be reproduced? That's a question for the developers...I'm not testing this for them...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »