Home

Madden NFL 10 Patch #1 Available, Post Impressions Here

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 10 Patch #1 Available, Post Impressions Here within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-28-2009, 11:08 PM   #513
Banned

OVR: 4
Re: Madden NFL 10 Patch #1 Available, Post Impressions Here

*sigh*
Hello to all you OS bums, its been a while since i have come here to post but i am back

madden 10= shtty boo boo

this game is a slight inch better than 09 but i expect greatness from the only football game out.

the flat coverage on this game is horrible, i can hit the flats ANYTIME!!!! they are ALWAYS and i mean ALWAYS open. i hate how EA comes out with the patches to help tune the game but instead make it worse.

I feel like this game is getting more and more like head coach. EA, how hard can it be to make a game where strategy(playcalling, subs, gameplan, etc) + user ability are equally important???? the user ability in this game has been greatly diminished and all these OS bums like it because they have no stick!!!

I am absolutely raw at this game!! just as good if not better than i was on 09, and i making a lot $ playing this game, but i am slowly becoming fed up with it and ready to hang it up.

thank god for NBA 2k10
Old 09-28-2009, 11:31 PM   #514
Pro

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoneyGames
*sigh*
Hello to all you OS bums, its been a while since i have come here to post but i am back

madden 10= shtty boo boo

this game is a slight inch better than 09 but i expect greatness from the only football game out.

the flat coverage on this game is horrible, i can hit the flats ANYTIME!!!! they are ALWAYS and i mean ALWAYS open. i hate how EA comes out with the patches to help tune the game but instead make it worse.

I feel like this game is getting more and more like head coach. EA, how hard can it be to make a game where strategy(playcalling, subs, gameplan, etc) + user ability are equally important???? the user ability in this game has been greatly diminished and all these OS bums like it because they have no stick!!!

I am absolutely raw at this game!! just as good if not better than i was on 09, and i making a lot $ playing this game, but i am slowly becoming fed up with it and ready to hang it up.

thank god for NBA 2k10

Old 09-28-2009, 11:33 PM   #515
Rookie

OVR: 3

well i know we got this patch just now. So i am guessing Late Nov for the next one?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2009, 12:42 AM   #516
MVP

OVR: 24

Well, what started off as something simple, a decent fix, has now turned into something more complex, unbalanced, and almost game-killing.

This patch definitely slows the game down. Very Fast speed feels out of wack. The runners are slower, and the passing is slower. Feels like Fast speed. The runners now are forcefully slowed by using the same technique as if using Speed Threshold (which I'm not).
The screen freezes the runner in place, allowing defenders to get better positioning. The way the tacklers are missing, now feels very scripted. I no longer feel like I even have control of my RB, especially coming out of the backfield. The RB freezes at least 2 times before even getting to the LOS, and then continues to freeze going downfield. The entire game feels less controlled by me, and even more controlled by the engine. So really, what's the point?

As I'm typing this, I realize I didn't have much of a problem with the game before the patch, and because it feels dramatically different, to me, it's probaly in my best interest to get rid of it, and go back to the way it was before.

Again, this is a common theme now. Devs take alot of grief, then release a patch, for those with the most complaints, but end up making the game alot worse. The complaints are valid. But, the way that devs try to remedy the problems, are not.

So, even if I get rid of the first patch, I won't be able to DL the second patch without adding the first, correct? That would be a major bummer. Unless, the second patch corrects the first patch. And if I do get rid of the patch, I can't keep the same rosters?
Old 09-29-2009, 12:49 AM   #517
MVP

Yay!!! I think I can just copy my roster and profile onto my memory card!!!!
Old 09-29-2009, 04:21 AM   #518
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeler99
What's up with the new "frame-rate" problem caused by the patch? Seems like any time I get a RB into a full sprint, he has this jerky, hesitation running movement .... anyone else seeing this?
Thought I was going nuts as well and just left a comment at PastaPadre about this. ABSOLUTELY. Identical to what you say.

What is going on? Who is testing these things? How can they not see things like this and missing numbers on helmets? I remember either last year or the year before they patched it and the end zones got all screwed up.
Old 09-29-2009, 06:48 AM   #519
Banned

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAKE4742
Well, what started off as something simple, a decent fix, has now turned into something more complex, unbalanced, and almost game-killing.

This patch definitely slows the game down. Very Fast speed feels out of wack. The runners are slower, and the passing is slower. Feels like Fast speed. The runners now are forcefully slowed by using the same technique as if using Speed Threshold (which I'm not).
The screen freezes the runner in place, allowing defenders to get better positioning. The way the tacklers are missing, now feels very scripted. I no longer feel like I even have control of my RB, especially coming out of the backfield. The RB freezes at least 2 times before even getting to the LOS, and then continues to freeze going downfield. The entire game feels less controlled by me, and even more controlled by the engine. So really, what's the point?

As I'm typing this, I realize I didn't have much of a problem with the game before the patch, and because it feels dramatically different, to me, it's probaly in my best interest to get rid of it, and go back to the way it was before.

Again, this is a common theme now. Devs take alot of grief, then release a patch, for those with the most complaints, but end up making the game alot worse. The complaints are valid. But, the way that devs try to remedy the problems, are not.

So, even if I get rid of the first patch, I won't be able to DL the second patch without adding the first, correct? That would be a major bummer. Unless, the second patch corrects the first patch. And if I do get rid of the patch, I can't keep the same rosters?

that is a placebo affect you got there

The game does not feel different from pre patch. I feel the slow speed is faster then before so I dont know how you think is slower but to each his own

My hb does not stop on screens and they work better then before

running game feels terrific now on both sides

the little changes that the patch made to the gameplay are terrific.....when you tweak the sliders to make the challenge terrific
Old 09-29-2009, 10:47 AM   #520
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Football4Natic
that is a placebo affect you got there

The game does not feel different from pre patch. I feel the slow speed is faster then before so I dont know how you think is slower but to each his own

My hb does not stop on screens and they work better then before

running game feels terrific now on both sides

the little changes that the patch made to the gameplay are terrific.....when you tweak the sliders to make the challenge terrific
Sure. Do you not notice others complaining about the new laggy running as well? Maybe Slow speed is untouched. I was playing with Very Fast speed before the patch, and it IS infact slower. Saying the coverage is improved is sort of a stretch, because the way the achieves it. It's just more time-shifting, warping, and making the game feel more artificial, rather than authentic. And the new toe drag logic hardly works. The cutscene gets it wrong alot of the time, no? The KO returns are easier, no? This is not a good patch, period.

Edit: I think I'm gonna keep the patch, ONLY because of the improved coverage. Still alot of rubbish going on , though.

Last edited by LAKE4742; 09-29-2009 at 11:21 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »