Home

Madden NFL 10 Patch #1 Available, Post Impressions Here

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 10 Patch #1 Available, Post Impressions Here within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-24-2009, 08:23 AM   #49
Banned

OVR: 16
Re: Madden NFL 10 Patch #1 Available, Post Impressions Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnalnirvava
skill has nothing to do with anything in this game. i can pass i know how to read the animations and breaks in routes but those are exploits this game is not about skill for me.....

its about if i call a streak unless the cpu bumps me my guy should be infront of him EVERYTIME and the Db's skill set such as his catch up speed and tackle or strip ability COMBINED with my QB acc and the place of the ball should determine the out come......

this patch does not deliver that or anything close to it....

to be honest i can rocket catch every ball ( that is skill)

i should not need SKILLS, to get this interaction to play out....

broadcast cam is sick, very refreshing take on gameplay, a nice addition ....

that is where you are wrong...If you call a streak then you get a receiver having a step or 2 depending on who the receiver is

on my team steve smith is not going to blow past champ bailey

with the patch the streaks allow for a step or 2 and the cpu reacts properly

db play issues are mainly with the cpu defender breaking before or at the same time as the receiver

that is fixed with the sliders.

there is no rocket catching with hardcore and all madden adjusted based sliders....i dont know how you come up with that theory

but to each his own....
Old 09-24-2009, 08:24 AM   #50
Banned

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by DakkoN
I definitely don't agree with CPU rushing being better. I've played 3 games now and they've not had 1 10+ yard rush yet and usually end up with about 15 rushes for 20-30 yards.
what sliders are you using.

because anything default is not going to work..the patch was for slider affectivness
Old 09-24-2009, 08:24 AM   #51
Pro

OVR: 11

Quote:
I definitely don't agree with CPU rushing being better. I've played 3 games now and they've not had 1 10+ yard rush yet and usually end up with about 15 rushes for 20-30 yards.
ditto sir, ditto
NCAAF- MIAMI LSU
"IM SO UPTOWN AND IF U AIN'T MOTHA#$@ DONT GO UPTOWN, YEAH"

Quote:
How often can the bug be reproduced? That's a question for the developers...I'm not testing this for them...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-24-2009, 08:28 AM   #52
Hook 'Em Horns

St3fN_sTrApS's Arena

OVR: 18

About to play my first game with the patch, just by reading some comments, the patch seems to be pretty good. Gonna get the AFL content later on today as well

"Haters can make like bees with no stingers, and DROP DEAD!"
Old 09-24-2009, 08:35 AM   #53
LORDTHUNDERBIRD

Pappy Knuckles's Arena

OVR: 46

I don't watch the computer play each other, so the broadcast cam is pretty worthless. Looks decent enough, but you can't see down the field. I couldn't ever see myself playing with that view.
Old 09-24-2009, 08:36 AM   #54
Rookie

The Real Ma$$ive's Arena

OVR: 17

Well... I was happy when i downloaded the patch this morning; then I popped it in and thought hmmm... I don't know, but it seems to me that the Cpu quarterback throws to the open man even faster, i'm talking about the split second that they're open. This makes for even harder sacks, as I played two all-madden play now games and recorded no sacks. Won one game, lost the other.

Now, It seems like the QB's talking on the phone get their face already uploaded immediately as soon as their on the phone, so no more pop in textures, but there's a flicker on their head that kinda sucks.

I threw a few button hooks with success, of course db's still jump your routes, but I was throwing with Mark Sanchez so who knows. For the most part it feels a bit cleaned up, and I have no beef with the patch, but I do think the cpu Qb's are throwing the ball to the open man way to fast.

I couldn't get the run game established against the Jaguars, but I did have the Seahawks in game two, and E. James didn't look to hot with that line. I did notice that I got out the backfield a little though, but needs more testing. Overall its ok... but I expected a little more influence on the changes.
Old 09-24-2009, 08:40 AM   #55
All Star

DakkoN's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Football4Natic
what sliders are you using.

because anything default is not going to work..the patch was for slider affectivness
Have raised CPU run blocking and broken tackles to 100 and still haven't noticed much of a difference.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-24-2009, 08:45 AM   #56
Support Sim

BroMontana82's Arena

OVR: 52

Quote:
Have raised CPU run blocking and broken tackles to 100 and still haven't noticed much of a difference.
that's pretty damn weak...so much for slider effectiveness, especially run blocking. im guessing the pass rush is the exact same as well.......

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »