Home

Madden NFL 10 Patch #1 Available, Post Impressions Here

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 10 Patch #1 Available, Post Impressions Here within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-13-2009, 09:09 AM   #585
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Madden NFL 10 Patch #1 Available, Post Impressions Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanky
You hit on the head there.

As much as this game is a huge improvement over the abomination that was 09 and is a really fun game to play and looks fantastic, the attention to detail is alarmingly bad. Instead of touting silly, little things like handwarmers and towels, they needed to put out a patch that didn't mess up the KO returns and the in-game graphic for team facts.

Also noticed a couple of other little things post-patch. After some penalties, you'll see the referee but won't hear what the penalty is and the accept/decline screen doesn't show up. I had one review where the ref announced the ruling was overturned, but in fact it wasn't.

There is no way they could have possibly overlooked these issues, as they jump out at you, especially the KO returns. The fact that they allowed them to get through shows a disappointing lack of pride in their work.
Looks like it's already been mentioned, but in my Browns chise, I'm getting Bengals facts now. Just thought I'd add my name to the list.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-13-2009, 12:55 PM   #586
MVP

RedmanR's Arena

OVR: 11

I got another dumb question guys... how do I download the patch

I went online via PS3 and I think I got a roster update but once I elected to play a game... offline and online, I went to options to test the broadcast cam and I didn't have that camera option. I don't even notice a change in gameplay or anything
Old 10-22-2009, 04:27 PM   #587
Hard Times.

Bellsprout's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedmanR
I got another dumb question guys... how do I download the patch

I went online via PS3 and I think I got a roster update but once I elected to play a game... offline and online, I went to options to test the broadcast cam and I didn't have that camera option. I don't even notice a change in gameplay or anything
It should ask you to download the patch right when the game starts up. That's what happened on mine. I didn't even get to the "EA Sports. It's In the Game" video before it asked me to download the patch.
A lot of you guys seem pretty cool, but you have wieners.
Old 10-23-2009, 02:01 PM   #588
Pro

bigdfan76's Arena

OVR: 12

When is patch #2 supposed to be released? It'll be the halfway mark of the season soon. I'm starting my 5th season as the Cowboys in offline franchise and having fun playing. Will we have to start our franchise over to take advantage of the effects? I heard one fix is the messed up tackles stats? is this true? Will we have to start a new franchise to take advantage of this fix?
Baylor Bears Iowa Hawkeyes Texas Longhorns
Old 10-23-2009, 02:05 PM   #589
MVP

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdfan76
When is patch #2 supposed to be released? It'll be the halfway mark of the season soon. I'm starting my 5th season as the Cowboys in offline franchise and having fun playing. Will we have to start our franchise over to take advantage of the effects? I heard one fix is the messed up tackles stats? is this true? Will we have to start a new franchise to take advantage of this fix?
Supposedly no earlier than November 1st. They haven't set a concrete date yet though. I think they're trying to fix as much as possible before releasing it because I don't think they can have another patch after this one.

New York Giants- 1927, 1934, 1938, 1956, 1986, 1990, 2007.

PSN ID- matt8204
Old 10-23-2009, 09:49 PM   #590
Pro

bigdfan76's Arena

OVR: 12

^^^Thanks matt sounds good, can't wait.
Baylor Bears Iowa Hawkeyes Texas Longhorns
Old 10-24-2009, 12:22 PM   #591
Hall Of Fame

LingeringRegime's Arena

OVR: 47

Maybe after November 1st, I can start my season. And testing sliders all over again.

Forget it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-25-2009, 06:02 PM   #592
Rookie

OVR: 3

Do you have to have internet access, or can you just use a flashdrive to get the updates?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »