Home

Patrick Willis or Nnamdi Asomugha?

This is a discussion on Patrick Willis or Nnamdi Asomugha? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-24-2009, 01:30 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Patrick Willis or Nnamdi Asomugha?

Nnamdi. When you dont have to worry about the super wrs of your opponent, defense is easy. I won with the raiders 11-10 vs the pats because Aso held Moss to 3rec for 25 yards and eliminatet all possible big plays. Welker had 9 catches or something for about 80 yards, but is not a threat to go all the way, especially since chris johnson is a good cb too. brady had 150 yards, 50 % compl, 0td 1 int and a rating of about 50. Stopping the playmakers is key to a good defense.
Old 09-24-2009, 01:57 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 5

i think realism for him is not important. If it was he probably would have detroit 2nd and 3rd and who knows what other picks from other teams. That said...Id go after Willis, hes a beast and when he starts to regress down the road move him to DE. You already have corners and id even try to keep warner and trade leinart instead for that deal. Both I believe have big bonuses that youll eat when you trade them.
Old 09-24-2009, 02:05 PM   #11
MVP

TeamBuilder's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by txfalconfan
i think realism for him is not important. If it was he probably would have detroit 2nd and 3rd and who knows what other picks from other teams. That said...Id go after Willis, hes a beast and when he starts to regress down the road move him to DE. You already have corners and id even try to keep warner and trade leinart instead for that deal. Both I believe have big bonuses that youll eat when you trade them.
Traded my 1st round pick for Detroit's 2nd, 3rd, and 5th.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-24-2009, 02:52 PM   #12
Bat
what

Bat's Arena

OVR: 22

Willis for sure. Elite middle linebackers are more important IMO. In most cases they are the "qb's" of the defense.

Not that you can go wrong with either guy though.
Old 09-24-2009, 02:56 PM   #13
Banned

OVR: 15

I'd take Willis in a heartbeat. The reason being is because in MADDEN there are more passes across the middle than on the outsides.

I have found that even if you have Asomugha and he shuts down 1 side, a smart QB will just shred you on the other side or across the middle EVERY TIME.

Willis can shutdown the middle and also will stop the run like a beast.

Willis over Asomugha IN MADDEN 10 is a no brainer bud.
Old 09-24-2009, 03:26 PM   #14
Rookie

Landonio's Arena

OVR: 2

Willis. You can move him almost anywhere and he can dominate. Plus he's only 24. I have him at SS (99).
Old 09-24-2009, 04:02 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 5

well the picks you traded for isnt as unrealistic as I thought they were gonna be. still dont think your giving enough up for those guys but i could be wrong. Another thing alot of people dont think about when trading is just because the stupid cpu will accept, do they need a starting qb or whatever player your trying to trade to them?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-24-2009, 04:43 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 4

Trading for Aso in Madden is pretty useless. It seems that all the corners play pretty much exactly the same on Madden 10. Also, the #1 receiver is rarely targeted in my experience.

I would take Willis. But even then, I don't personally ever see my MLB making alot of big plays. If you play as the MLB, go for him I guess. But as far as letting the CPU control my MLB, Stephen Tulloch for the Titans at 70 overall is just as dominant, for me, as Ray Lewis or Patrick Willis.

Just my observation

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »