Home

Sounds of the game NFl and Madden football

This is a discussion on Sounds of the game NFl and Madden football within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 09-25-2009, 11:40 AM   #97
Rookie

MVP23's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Sounds of the game NFl and Madden football

Can i ask you something? Do you watch football at all? Have you ever been to a game? If you said yes to these questions then you would know what a real football game sounds like and you would not have to ask us.

Miami Heat

Miami Marlins
Old 09-25-2009, 12:36 PM   #98
Hall Of Fame

LingeringRegime's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVP23
Can i ask you something? Do you watch football at all? Have you ever been to a game? If you said yes to these questions then you would know what a real football game sounds like and you would not have to ask us.

Eric, to answer your question - I usually play with headphones (The Beats by Dr. Dre), straight from the TV. No 5.1.

Last edited by LingeringRegime; 09-25-2009 at 12:38 PM.
Old 09-25-2009, 01:03 PM   #99
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

Quote:
You seem to have a problem with developer interaction and if that is the case you are better off without these kinds of posts because its going to lead to an infraction
Old 09-25-2009, 01:04 PM   #100
MVP

drae2's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Damn man, why sooo negative? It's appreciated that he's asking our input.
Old 09-25-2009, 01:09 PM   #101
JEM
Banned

OVR: 18

Have you guys at EA thought about using real recordings ( from actual games ) and then editing them to use in Madden? Would take some time.. Probably atleast 2 dev cycles but it would be well worth it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-25-2009, 01:11 PM   #102
MVP

drae2's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by EA_E_McCan
Thanks for the feedback guys, I appreciate it.

I have another question for you. ( might make this a new thread )
How many of you play the game with a 5.1 system.
How loud do you generally play the game?
Thanks

E
I got a Bose 5.1 surround sound, and it sounds good. But there are just sometimes where the crowd should really be into it and they're not. Certain hits should be amplified. Go check out either 2k5 or APF's sound. Not saying to copy it, but the sound of the game really immerses you, and can actually jack you up.
Old 09-25-2009, 01:32 PM   #103
Banned

Pringles's Arena

OVR: 9

i have a onkyo pre amp and seperate 7 channel amp along with klipsh speakers sub 60 inch tv.
would be cool if you are breaking a big run and being chased down by a defender over your right shoulder and in your right real speaker your hearing the dude breathe heavy along with foot plant sounds.

if you made it dolby digital plus you could get as much as 750kbs i think dolby is only 256 kbs so going with the higher bit rate you get a louder track with having to use less volume more dynamic and i think both systems support itregular dolby digital is ok but plus is alot better.
then lets say another gets close to you from behind or slighty left then wala your other rear speaker kicks in and gets lowder the closer they get to tie in with what your sieng on the screen.
an emersion effect
i mentioned earlyer about the ball whistleing as the qb throws it the sound could start in your rear speakers like if the ball was cocked behind your head and when you throw it the sound first starts out from behind and transitions to the front channels a fade effect. lol trust me i know sounds since i own a home theater company
have put in systems for all the sports bars here in my city and sound is really a way to make you go ohhhhhhhhh ahhhhhhhh.

Last edited by Pringles; 09-25-2009 at 01:38 PM.
Old 09-25-2009, 01:36 PM   #104
C*t*z*n *f RSN

K_GUN's Arena

OVR: 22

yes...i play on 5.1

one more idea....take advantage of the ps3/blu ray space.....for those of us who made a choice to buy it, why not let us have a diff game than the 360 users?

many here would agree that the 360 version has better visuals...why not let the ps3 have better audio?

just a thought

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »