Home

Sounds of the game NFl and Madden football

This is a discussion on Sounds of the game NFl and Madden football within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 09-28-2009, 01:17 AM   #145
Banned

OVR: 24
Re: Sounds of the game NFl and Madden football

Quote:
Originally Posted by EA_E_McCan
Hey Guys,
My name is Erle McCan and I'm the new audio lead for Madden 11.
I just wanted to reach out to the OS community and kind of get a feel for what you guys like in regards to the sounds of football.
Now when I say sounds I'm pretty much talking about everything you hear.
However, I would really love to know what you guys feel makes football so special when you're either at the game or watching it on TV when it comes to the sound of the game (Player chatter, tackles, crowd cheers/chants, etc).
I would also love to hear from all of the different fans for all 32 teams.
Have you been to a game in person to watch and hear your favorite team?
Were you at the new Cowboys stadium for the opening ceremony?
What did that sound like? Did the sound practically vibrate your ears off?
Let me know, I would love to hear from football / Madden fans.
Thanks

Erle McCan
Lead Audio for Madden 11
Damn near word for word from Ian's quote....

Must be like famous people who send correspondence to their fans, all exactly the same letters with their "autograph" stamped on the bottom.

Last edited by Segagendude; 09-28-2009 at 01:21 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-28-2009, 01:48 AM   #146
JEM
Banned

OVR: 18

Here is another idea since my last one was ignored because it would take to much time..

Get in with NFL Films and watch their shows if you want any idea about how the sounds should be.

To much work again? Hmm.. Here is one I know you will love.. Pretend you are listening and then reuse the same stuff from this year.. BRILLIANT!
Old 09-28-2009, 02:32 AM   #147
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echopax
Hmm....
LMAO, wow, i'm speechless. I knew this whole thread was started to put a blanket over the whole "chants/stadium sounds/our jaws literally dropping when we play a playoffs game IN MADDEN 2 0 1 0." Since Ian posted in DirtyJerz's thread and said something to the extent of "well it was working in the final version of the game, but let me check to see what's exactly wrong with it yada yada yada" I knew it was all a joke. That's why they disappear for a few weeks after release, and that's why they start the hype machine 2 months after release; so you can forget about 10 and look forward to 11. I can't believe people are still defending the OP even after we were promised all this stuff for Madden 10.

It's a cycle people, the same one every year. May-July Blogs galore. August and the hype machine is in full force ('who's got it' threads, people who claim to have it declare it a huge improvement or the best madden ever, gaming sites give it great reviews, etc). Late August brings in the honeymoon- omg, best madden evar! -- finally, i'm playing football until next year!...

Look at the front page now
Old 09-28-2009, 06:06 AM   #148
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by EA_E_McCan
Hey Guys,
My name is Erle McCan and I'm the new audio lead for Madden 11.
I just wanted to reach out to the OS community and kind of get a feel for what you guys like in regards to the sounds of football.
Now when I say sounds I'm pretty much talking about everything you hear.
However, I would really love to know what you guys feel makes football so special when you're either at the game or watching it on TV when it comes to the sound of the game (Player chatter, tackles, crowd cheers/chants, etc).
I would also love to hear from all of the different fans for all 32 teams.
Have you been to a game in person to watch and hear your favorite team?
Were you at the new Cowboys stadium for the opening ceremony?
What did that sound like? Did the sound practically vibrate your ears off?
Let me know, I would love to hear from football / Madden fans.
Thanks

Erle McCan
Lead Audio for Madden 11
welcome to the boards erle!

as im sure you've heard: no one here is a big tom hammond fan. his commentary is dull & lifeless. it would be cool if u could get al micheals back to team up with cris.

whoever u do have as play-by-play u should get them to record live commentary lines with cris as well. nba live did that with steve & marv & it sounds alot better when u have the occasional extended (free flowing/not edited) dialogue between the two.

having more intense crowd reactions in bigger games (like playoff games) as well as when the game is tight would be good as well.

Last edited by JohnnyNutman; 09-28-2009 at 06:10 AM.
Old 09-28-2009, 09:09 AM   #149
Banned

bigjake62505's Arena

OVR: 22

I want to hear team specific chants, and stadium sound effects. J-E-T-S jets, jets, jets.. and others. Also when you get a first down you hear the panther cry in carolina, hoof thunder in buffalo, ect. And on big plays (long returns, long runs when the ball carrier breaks loose) the crowd should go nuts. And on those long runs when the home team is tackled the crowd should sigh or sound let down, and when the away team is caught from behind it should sound like the fans are relieved. Now touchdowns should be epic, there should be the stadium specific sound effects on touchdowns, music playing and the crowd should be going nuts. It should feel like you did something when you score. When you score from a long play there should be no let down in the crowd noise. if the crowd is going nuts from a long run the noise shouldn't sound as if it was reset when the ball carrier crosses the goalline.
Old 09-28-2009, 09:21 AM   #150
Rookie

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaima1shu
First and foremost, I think that the booth commentary needs improvement. Tom Hammond is atrocious. It makes me feel bored when he's talking. That shouldn't happen. He's so lifeless and monotone.

Secondly, specifically for the Seahawks, it's quite obvious that we have one of the loudest home fields in the league. There should be a way to differentiate the louder stadiums from the rest of them, you know? It'd also be nice to specifically incorporate the 12th man type stuff for the Seahawks, specifically. The raising of the 12th man flag before the games, just stuff like that.
Yeah Commentary is always the worst

"I dont want to be the next Michael Jordan, I only want to be Kobe Bryant." Kobe Bryant
Old 09-28-2009, 09:25 AM   #151
Rookie

OVR: 3

Wow, as long as you have both the commentators in the booth together they should do good.

Please dont bullish with some lies like the devs did in past years.. Most notably saying that they will put team chants...

You did pay for online roster updates. Do you know why? Thats all Madden really is from year to year, a roster update.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-28-2009, 09:28 AM   #152
Banned

bigjake62505's Arena

OVR: 22

Oh yea I want to hear the TAMPA-BAY chant. One side of the stadium says TAMPA! The other says BAY! TAMPA-----BAY TAMPA-----BAY!
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »