Home

Sounds of the game NFl and Madden football

This is a discussion on Sounds of the game NFl and Madden football within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 02-14-2011, 06:46 PM   #169
MVP

cedwebb's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Sounds of the game NFl and Madden football

I have been to a handful of Vikings games and the crowd noise is always very loud. Well last year I was fortunate to go to the Divisional playoff game against Dallas and that was atmoshpere like I have never felt before.

Every seat in the house had towels on them for us to waive all game. The coolest part I would say is the entrance. before the Vikings ran in they played the Immigrant Song for Led Zepelin and that was amazing. Something like that to set apart the playoffs from regular season would be very cool. Thanks!
Old 02-14-2011, 08:57 PM   #170
MVP

Senator Palmer's Arena

OVR: 18

I know that EA wants to focus on re-creating the experience from network broadcasts in totality, but I have had the good fortune to go to few NFL games in my time and one of the things that stuck out to me was how different the sound of the crowd was when you are right smack in the middle of the chaos vs. what you hear on T.V.

Take a listen to the crowd right here.

Now I'm not saying that the audio should be completely flipped to this perspective, but maybe this kind of sound would be suitable for Coach Mode where coordinators are observing from the box.
Old 02-15-2011, 04:29 AM   #171
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heisman
Please get Nnamdi Asomugha's name right. It's not Aso-muug-a.

It's Awsome-wa. He's a 99 for christ sakes.

I agree though.. Certain stadiums should be louder, you should be able to tell the difference from playing in Arrowhead stadium then say the Panthers.
yeah thats very annoying and should not happen at all especially with such a big name player
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-15-2011, 08:56 AM   #172
JMD
MVP

JMD's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heisman
Please get Nnamdi Asomugha's name right. It's not Aso-muug-a.

It's Awsome-wa. He's a 99 for christ sakes.

I agree though.. Certain stadiums should be louder, you should be able to tell the difference from playing in Arrowhead stadium then say the Panthers.
I realize this thread is from 2009, but we can see just from this one post EA still got it wrong. In Madden 10 Asomugha's name was pronounced wrong. Now in Madden 11 Tony Moeaki's name is pronounced wrong. The horrible Gus Johnson calls him Tony Mo-eck-ee instead of Mo-ee-ak-ee. Not a big name player, but they still got it wrong even after the Audio guy came here to see what could be done to improve the game. What does that tell you?

Oh and that opening chant by all the teams in Madden 11, you know the Saint's like chant, worst and most annoying sports game audio in the history of sports games.
Old 02-15-2011, 11:10 AM   #173
MVP

chicubsfan20's Arena

OVR: 13

Not sure if you can do it but up in Green Bay everytime John Kuhn touches the ball the crowd will yell "KUUUUUUUHN"
MLB: Chicago Cubs
Old 02-15-2011, 01:04 PM   #174
All Star

inkcil's Arena

OVR: 23

why don't they just try to watch an NFL football game and mimic that? It's simple. We want to hear what we hear on TV EVERY sunday for the last 40 years...is it really that hard to figure out?

Now Playing:

XB1 (Forza Motorsport 6 and Horizon 2)
Switch (Mario Kart and Zelda)
PS3 (old 2k games and the Show)
Old 02-15-2011, 05:58 PM   #175
Rookie

Reejer's Arena

OVR: 1

It would be nice to hear commentary in Superstar Mode, or at least make a toggle for it. I understand the reason behind taking the commentary out of it, but it makes the mode brain-numbingly boring.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-15-2011, 07:18 PM   #176
Banned

OVR: 25
Location: Far far away from the vultures and snakes that reside in the united states.

Aye what the hell lol. This is from 09? Is that particular EA rep even aware that people are still posting here. I highly doubt it gentlemen. If he is, I stand corrected in advance. Friggin got me all excited, I thought this was something recent.

Ok, I just checked his arena and the guy hasn't posted in here since 09 if I'm not mistaken. Please dead this thread.

Last edited by TheCreep; 02-15-2011 at 07:21 PM.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »