Home

Sounds of the game NFl and Madden football

This is a discussion on Sounds of the game NFl and Madden football within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 09-24-2009, 05:08 PM   #65
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Sounds of the game NFl and Madden football

First if you guys are gonna keep the same commentators please remove those corny lines. Sound like so automatic and is very cheesy. They should be next to each other to make it more realistic.

Next Of course team Stadium sounds BETTER be in because we were promised this and we did not get it.

Take out those corny crowd sounds cuz u cant hear 1 or 2 people out of the tens of thousands that are at a stadium.

When players pump up the crowd i WANT to hear the crowd go CRAZY. When it's 3rd and 5 in the 4 quarter 3:00 min left and the home team is up by a field goal and the away team is going for the touchdown, i want to hear the crowd stop the qb and oline from hearing the snap count.

We need to hear big hits!

You did pay for online roster updates. Do you know why? Thats all Madden really is from year to year, a roster update.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-24-2009, 05:18 PM   #66
Banned

OVR: 25
Location: Far far away from the vultures and snakes that reside in the united states.

Welcome onboard man. First things first (I must say this), learn who the fanboys are, the perpetual whiners, and the rational folks. 3 different types of folks here.

If you come here on an off day when all the complainers are here, it'll make you think that you aren't doing your job, if you come here on a day with fanboys, you'll think you have the best football game ever.

We know you're doing your job......but this aint the best football title ever (pretty close in my opinion). Sift out the rational cats if you're looking for a direction to go in as far as your dev time.

On topic. Player chatter enough said. More of it. What happened to "run run fast as you can, cant get away from the gingerbread man"? things like that.
Old 09-24-2009, 05:37 PM   #67
Banned

Pringles's Arena

OVR: 9

well welcome aboard to the madden team
here are my impressions on how to make sound more dynamic

to me sound is just as important as visual things that could be incorportated into madden 11

since most of us have some kind of home theater system or both gamming platforms support dolby digital we need a soundtrack that is beefed up to the max.

as for improving the game
1. stadium sounds every stadium should have there own music plus we need the bucs to have the cannon ball go off the lions siren roar the vikings horn to go off all those should be re put back into the game.
2. i am only going to mention 1 option from 2k and that is there field pass. we need that in madden i want to see the qb in the huddle calling out plays and hear his voice.
let say i pick I formation and the ball is going to go to kevin smith because i am the lions, well then my qb calls the play and since that play would show orange to who gets it.

then the orange player in the huddle would say something like im going to get a td or just give me the the rock lets say it is a post pattern and the orange is highligted on kelvin johnson as the primary, well in the huddle the qb barks out the call and the person who talks after would always be the primary target for that play. now that would be cool.

as well as defence players post play and after the whistle talking smack. madden needs more on the field audio see the same can go for on defence as you are walking to the line you should be able to control a player and make that player talk smack before the snap lol that would be pretty cool feature. i am sure there could be many lines that could be recorded.

some kind of adrenalin rush sound
when you have the rock moving around if you are the qb and your scrambling your controller should vibrate if you are about to get sacked the controller can go crazy with panic, if your qb has a high raiting not to panic then your controller wont vibrate as much basically you qb will be rattled if you can un rattle him, then not as bad will it pulsate your controller so dont throw ints and don't fumble get first downs tds positive plays to reduce the vibrate effect. adrenalin rush could also effect vision of the field.

same can go for running backs dont fumble get positive yards .

tackle sounds
there should be a variety harder tackles should sound like bone crushing hits versus light tackles.

passing the rock
if you qb has a canon for a arm the ball should whistle in the air when it is first released so there should be different sounds for different passes.

the crowd
you need the crowd to boo your star payers for bad play or if you are in hostle stadiums. though this years is good i am sure you can tune it even more.
i think it should be tied to franchise mode if your not doing well and your attendance is low then the crowd should not be as loud same goes for if you are doing well the crowd should not only be loud but should randomly and i am saying random cause the away team to take timeouts or cause false star penalties

because i have seen so many games over the year were it does force teams to take time outs to chill things down and i have seen alot of false start penaties because they do not hear the cadence.

lol also if your team is doing very bad lol there should be a crowd cutscene of people wearing paper bags with there team names on it lol i know this i am a lion fan lol.

pa anouncers sure i know that everyone would like diffrent ones for different places but that is to crazy and time consuming for such a small thing but were you could make a impact is making that same anouncer sound a little different in each place like the actual feedback echo effect that each stadium sounds like not every stadiums pa sounds the same.

i think the weather should be dynamic and tied to the weather report 50 percent chance of rain madden has allways been ok its raining it needs to be ok it is not raining 3rd qtr comes along guess what it is now raining it last a bit then stops what ever.

but you could have pa anouncers say ok fans time time to bundle up because it is raining make the pa anouncer aware of the current conditions as well as saying todays attendance

also make the pa anouncers tell the scores around the league when your rivals or co confrence teams are loosing the crowd cheers if they are winning they boo same goes with division leaders but the crowd will really get excited if your rivals are loosing lol same goes for when you play your rivals the crowd should be really excited.

pa anouncer could also acknowledge new players to your team
like rookies first game triggered by there first play or players you picked up in a trade the pa anouncer says lets give a warm welcome to matt stafford our new qb then the crowd cheers or could even boo the players if you picked them up from one of your rival teams in a trade at first lol

ok lets talk about commentary chris collingsworth is good and hammonds sucks i really don't know what to say other than he puts me to sleep. i still think the best guys out there is joe buck troy aikman or the trio from espn of old and that was mike patrick dan mguire and joe theisman them 3 were the bomb

i would rather have options to download other broacaster packages and pay for that that would really be cool.

i know this not your area but stadium lighing needs to be specific to each stadium.

anyways there just a few ideas good luck with your project on madden 11
Old 09-24-2009, 05:38 PM   #68
Rookie

OVR: 12

Wow, starting in September...nice!

-How about removing the fans yelling 'ya ya ya' and 'that's my man' among other crowd noise all of the time?

-Add player chatter during the coin toss. We should hear players greeting each other in a variety of ways (what's up, how are you, long time no see, good luck out there today, or we are gonna whoop you, etc...) We should also hear the players choose the side of the coin they want and their decision to kick or receive.

-Have QB's call out plays in the huddle (while showing a shot of the team huddling) for 1 player games or online games but only for the individual user to hear. Have the team yell 'break' out of the huddle!

-After big hits, clutch plays, injuries, etc...we should hear players yelling in excitement or agony (i.e. yeah baby, whoooooo, screaming from being in pain from an injury or giving a guy props for a good hit or good move).

-On random rainy days we should hear thunderstorms at times.

M10 clearly doesn't get close to what we see on Sundays, so continue to watch, study, and listen to the games to gather more data and input to include in the game because it seriously needs it.

Best of luck!

Last edited by Stikskillz; 09-24-2009 at 06:50 PM.
Old 09-24-2009, 05:52 PM   #69
C*t*z*n *f RSN

K_GUN's Arena

OVR: 22

welcome to OS---don't let the haters get to you

anyway....my early thoughts

*smart crowds--I was at the pats/bills--check out my arena pics...when the bills were backed up the sound was deafining.....when the pats had the ball...a bit quiet to let tom get his plays called

*diff types of sound settings...u have this now but make it better....TV/Broadcast...Player Perspective (basically on field only sounds with crowd as the backdrop) and then Stadium/Crowd Perspective (crowd driven with PA and stadium sounds)

more later

Last edited by K_GUN; 09-24-2009 at 06:02 PM.
Old 09-24-2009, 05:58 PM   #70
Rookie

OVR: 2

Please, please get rid of that occasional female scream from the stands....sounds like "typhoooooooooooooonnnn".
Old 09-24-2009, 06:06 PM   #71
Hall Of Fame

LingeringRegime's Arena

OVR: 47

First and foremost Eric - welcome to OS.

The audio issues have been a gripe of mine for a while now. I am happy to see these issues being addressed.

I would like to request that you implement new crowd sweeteners for Madden 11. In Madden 10, the sweeteners are a bit sour (with all due respect.)

Hearing, "Go Team!" and "Yeah! Yeah! Yeah! HA HA!" During every game, and in every stadium grows old. Not to mention, some of the sweeteners even border on being sarcastic to the sport of football.

If you could follow in the footsteps of the NBA Live 10, by adding stadium specific crowds and sound effects. (Example: The Carolina Panthers have a Panthers Growl when they get a first down, I think that was in Madden 07 or 08 also.)

As a football fan the sound of people saying, "Go Team Go." Kind of hurts the immersion factor for me. Especially since I play with a headset most of the time.

Perhaps it would be wise to add a separate volume control slider for just the sweeteners also. Now the crowd and the sweeteners are all together.

Thanks for your time.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-24-2009, 06:33 PM   #72
MVP

drae2's Arena

OVR: 13

Welcome. I've got three things that stand out to me. First, I agree with a lot of the other posters about fight songs, and team specific themes. For example, Hail to the Redskins!, that damn horn in Minnesota, in Denver that IN-COM-PLETE! chant, and of course J-E-T-S JETS, JETS, JETS! Also, I may be in the minority on this, but on the old NCAA games on the original Xbox, in certain situations, the stadium shook, and it very well could affect the visiting team. You could see the QB walking down the line of scrimmage trying to call his signals out. I remember having the privilege going to the last game at RFK Stadium in Washington, DC. The Skins were playing the Cowboys. When I tell you that stadium was shaking, it was SHAKING! Scared the **** out of me. But you could tell that it was affecting the Cowboys. I can't tell you how many false starts they were called for. I guess what I'm trying to say is that each game, especially in a close game, should have a certain ambiance about it. That atmosphere that makes those games special. So anything that you can do to capture that would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again for inquiring.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »