Home

Post patch helmets query

This is a discussion on Post patch helmets query within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-25-2009, 09:51 PM   #33
Hall Of Fame

z Revis's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: Post patch helmets query

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumble14
I have the patch and AFL Throwback DLC and am not experiencing this issue. Are you guys playing on 360 or PS3? If 360 clear your cache and redownload the patch- I think it has something to do with your files.
Just cleared my cache and redownloaded the patch and it's still the same. I think it's something to do with the AFL DLC. There's some quirky stuff goin on with it for 360 users. For instance, for 360 users, people have said that they downloaded the patch and Vick's/Favre's stats still not in the game and the 49ers helmet was still the same dark color. Basically it wasn't fixed, but then they said that they later downloaded the AFL content and bam, the 49ers helmet colors were fixed and Vicks/Favres stats were showing up. Really wierd and quite annoying as I do not have any MS points to get the AFL content right now.
Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Old 09-25-2009, 10:29 PM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumble14
Again-are you guys playing on PS3 or 360? We need to find out if this is a console specific issue.

Also, please try clearing your cache and then redownload the patch and see if it fixes the issue.
360 Confirmed - I'm seeing the same problem. Have downloaded the patch but don't have the AFL Legacy content.
Old 09-26-2009, 02:22 AM   #35
Rookie

OVR: 5

Is this only affecting certain teams or all of them?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-26-2009, 02:44 AM   #36
Hall Of Fame

z Revis's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarface scotty
Only certain teams. Only ones I know about are the Ravens and Pats.
Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Old 09-26-2009, 07:42 AM   #37
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarface scotty
The Jets as well I think
Old 09-26-2009, 08:52 AM   #38
MVP

RaiderKtulu's Arena

OVR: 13

There's more to it than just the helmet being messed up.

The Patriots get the blue blocks with their blue jersey, but NOT with the white or silver jerseys. I'm checking all the other combinations right now, but there's something up with this beyond just a simple "EA fudged up the helmets".

Ok, after more testing... on PS3, I don't see any problem on the Jets.

The Ravens have white blocks on their helmets when wearing the white jersey. The numbers are fine when the team is wearing purple or black jerseys.

The Patriots have blue blocks on their helmets when wearing a dark jersey. Blue or red, doesn't matter. There are no blocks when the team is in white or silver jerseys.

The throwback helmets do not have this issue.

Last edited by RaiderKtulu; 09-26-2009 at 09:15 AM.
Old 09-26-2009, 09:13 AM   #39
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderKtulu

The Patriots get the blue blocks with their blue jersey, but NOT with the white or silver jerseys. I'm checking all the other combinations right now, but there's something up with this beyond just a simple "EA fudged up the helmets".
Yeah, just noticed that myself. Weird. Not a gamebreaker for me, more annoying than anything that the patch has messed something up that was ok before
Old 09-26-2009, 09:58 AM   #40
Rookie

cwinnbari's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderKtulu

Ok, after more testing... on PS3, I don't see any problem on the Jets.

The Ravens have white blocks on their helmets when wearing the white jersey. The numbers are fine when the team is wearing purple or black jerseys.

The Patriots have blue blocks on their helmets when wearing a dark jersey. Blue or red, doesn't matter. There are no blocks when the team is in white or silver jerseys.

The throwback helmets do not have this issue.

The Jets is alot harder to see. But they don't have #s on the back there helmets now. Just a gray box (so its not as glaring as the Pats/ravens).

I bet a couple of other teams are off as well, but are masked by the color being similar so you're just missing the helmet number, and not seeing white on black or black on white

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »