Home

Kick returns too easy after patch???

This is a discussion on Kick returns too easy after patch??? within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 09-26-2009, 02:13 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Kick returns too easy after patch???

Quote:
Originally Posted by bengtc
I have played about 4 seasons worth of games and had only returned 1 kick for a td. Now after the patch I have returned 4 in 2 games. I am using the same sliders as before. User run block at 15 break tackle at 20 and CPU block shedding at 40. I think it is because they stopped including run block slider in the return game?
They were too easy b4 patch and STILL are too easy even tho EA said they fixed pursuit angles.
Old 09-26-2009, 02:17 PM   #18
Pro

Bballplaya72's Arena

OVR: 9

I've returned a few kicks, but I CANNOT return a punt to save my life.

And I'm using Leon Washington.
Old 09-26-2009, 02:31 PM   #19
Banned

bill2451's Arena

OVR: 16

Ive gotta agree with Bengtc... they werent too easy pre patch depending on what you had your run blocking slider at

anything below 20 and 90% of the first level blocks would be missed as the defender slides right by, and half of the immediate blockers before the return man would also be missed... meaning you've got most of the guys hitting you at about the 25 unblocked... not easy to return at all

now since the run blocking slider doesnt effect special teams, it's as if Ian and Co. set special teams blocking to 100 (or very high), and not only does every blocker actually successfully engage in a block, but half the defenders get knocked on their butts

so yeah, it was too easy before if you had high run blocking, but if not it wasnt

pre patch i averaged about 1 return every 15 games, and even then I had to usually really work for that one return (since most guys are coming at me unblocked)... i've now played 2.5 games post patched and have returned 5 for TD's
Old 09-26-2009, 03:05 PM   #20
Pro

JeriousNorwood's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lagacygt
With desean Jackson, I returned 4 or something in one season before the patch. Every directional kick towards a sideline was pretty much a td return.
That's the key. Directional kicks are soooo easy to return for a touchdown.
Old 09-26-2009, 03:42 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 6

a lot better actually. i can actually return punts for more than 4 yards now. i also noticed that the CPU takes more chances on field goals. i saw them attempt one for 54 yards with a pretty weak kicker and it was short and i was able to return it for a few yards. before they would have punted. i like the new patch. my games aren't blow outs anymore and i can actually sack the QB now. cant wait for the next patch. now this game doesnt seem like a waste of $30
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »