Home

Panthers help (thank guys)

This is a discussion on Panthers help (thank guys) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-24-2009, 11:47 AM   #1
Banned

johntom2000's Arena

OVR: 9
Panthers help (thank guys)

First off i love the defense..I am running NYJ defense..I love rex ryan's attack style defense...and I wanting to spread out their speed on defense. I been thinking about going to the Mulptie D playbook to give my opposites different looks. What do you guys think of that idea on defense?

My main question is the offense....Its horrible, the WR's are awful from 3rd sting down. The running game is decent. Any playbook suggest to get there offense going?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-24-2009, 01:13 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: Panthers help (thank guys)

How is the Panthers run game just decent? Williams and Stewart make for a top 3 backfield in the league. Yes run multiple D playbook.
Old 09-24-2009, 01:26 PM   #3
MVP

TeamBuilder's Arena

OVR: 15

Definitely Multiple D, gives you a ton of options. Offensive playbook depends entirely on the kind of offense you like to run.
Old 09-24-2009, 05:40 PM   #4
Banned

johntom2000's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaprofessor33
How is the Panthers run game just decent? Williams and Stewart make for a top 3 backfield in the league. Yes run multiple D playbook.
I am was more in the line talking about the blocking. lol sorry.
Old 09-24-2009, 05:41 PM   #5
Banned

johntom2000's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamBuilder
Definitely Multiple D, gives you a ton of options. Offensive playbook depends entirely on the kind of offense you like to run.

True about defense. As for the offense...I been switching around with the playbooks.....really don't know what I like. I got a bad habit of looking for plays I like. I been running Sea pb. I am a run heavy person but, I think the talent they have on offense. Their offense would suit the West Coast.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-24-2009, 06:37 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 4

If you really want to cheese it up in the running game, go with the Dolphins offense and run the Wildcat w/ Steve Smith.
Old 09-24-2009, 06:42 PM   #7
Pro

OVR: 12

In my Panthers franchise I signed Matt Jones, he's a beast in the slot. I'm using the default Panthers offensive playbook, just played the Eagles on all-pro and scored 50. Jake had 250 yards passing and 3 td's the rest of it was all DeAngelo Williams (200+ yards rushing). I haven't experimented much with other playbooks, but I have been successful with the Panthers playbook using a run-heavy and short passing approach.

It's funny that your Madden team is the Panthers, I've always played a Bengals franchise to get a break from playing as the Panthers all the time. I've always considered the Panthers and Bengals to be "cousins". Both come from a town starting with a "C" that's nicknamed the "queen city", both have big cat mascots and then there's the whole Smitty/Ochocinco link.

Last edited by CatMan72; 09-24-2009 at 06:45 PM.
Old 09-25-2009, 03:52 PM   #8
Banned

johntom2000's Arena

I am not looking for any cheese type offense. I am looking for a real system to run with this offense. The defense alone is one of the best. Come on guys. Let talk X's and O's. Come on Panthers users

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »