Home

Do you feel ea sports is doing their best with madden?

This is a discussion on Do you feel ea sports is doing their best with madden? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-28-2009, 09:12 PM   #97
All Star

OVR: 21
Re: Do you feel ea sports is doing their best with madden?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCreep
I truely think that there are folks here that aint never gonna like Madden and dont WANT to like it. No point in some folks even being here if ya ask me.
I'd say it's because of the game's overall quality. Imo Madden isn't as good a football game as NBA2K is a basketball game. As The Show is a baseball game. As Live is a basketball game. As FIFA is a soccer game. As UFC is a fighting game. Perhaps it's a better football game than MLB2K is a baseball game. It's a better football game than NBA the Life is a basketball game (or whatever 989's game is called). It's not a matter of people hating on the game blindly. Imo it's at best average when compared to other sports games. That it's the only option available makes those dissatisfied with it that much more frustrated. You look at the top sports titles and you can point to at least one thing the game does an exceptional job at. It's really hard to think what Madden does an exceptional job at, unless you're talking about the graphics.

A lot of talk about Madden's deficiencies are broad and generalized. Where's the talk of specific lineman/players? They're all cookie cutter; we're still discussing how the defensive ends don't rush properly or how the offensive line blocks. We're still looking at Brandon Jacobs essentially running the same way as a Chris Johnson. These are things that just wouldn't stand in a top-tier sports game. I see there are many that say Madden is "great" this year. I guarantee those same people will be saying how huge of an improvement it is when Tiburon finally fixes any of it's problems. That expectations are so low for this title is a head scratcher

XBL gamertag: d0meBreaker22 (that's a zero)

congrats Steelers, city of Pittsburgh, and Steeler Nation - SIX TIME WORLD CHAMPS

Last edited by spankdatazz22; 09-28-2009 at 09:15 PM.
Old 09-28-2009, 09:42 PM   #98
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by spankdatazz22
I'd say it's because of the game's overall quality. Imo Madden isn't as good a football game as NBA2K is a basketball game. As The Show is a baseball game. As Live is a basketball game. As FIFA is a soccer game. As UFC is a fighting game. Perhaps it's a better football game than MLB2K is a baseball game. It's a better football game than NBA the Life is a basketball game (or whatever 989's game is called). It's not a matter of people hating on the game blindly. Imo it's at best average when compared to other sports games. That it's the only option available makes those dissatisfied with it that much more frustrated. You look at the top sports titles and you can point to at least one thing the game does an exceptional job at. It's really hard to think what Madden does an exceptional job at, unless you're talking about the graphics.

A lot of talk about Madden's deficiencies are broad and generalized. Where's the talk of specific lineman/players? They're all cookie cutter; we're still discussing how the defensive ends don't rush properly or how the offensive line blocks. We're still looking at Brandon Jacobs essentially running the same way as a Chris Johnson. These are things that just wouldn't stand in a top-tier sports game. I see there are many that say Madden is "great" this year. I guarantee those same people will be saying how huge of an improvement it is when Tiburon finally fixes any of it's problems. That expectations are so low for this title is a head scratcher
I agree with most of this except for the part of NBA 2k. I thought last year was one of the worst NBA 2k games developed. Inside the paint was automatic, the animations ran into one another, lack of halftime show, etc....... Very difficult to get good game play with that game last year. It took me until after the 1st of the year to get a decent game out of it.

Just my opinion, though. Video games are subjective.

Also, I don't really think it's a mind boggler that this game generates low expectations. I suppose if you compare it to the other game, it's a mind boggler, but compared to the last few Madden's, it's not much of a mind boggler.

Again, depends on how one looks at it.

Last edited by roadman; 09-28-2009 at 09:46 PM.
Old 09-29-2009, 06:32 AM   #99
Banned

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by BFawlty
Originally Posted by Pacman83
This is football huh? But ur in a forum whining about your football video game that isnt good enough for you? No i aint a 'chic', I'm a man with bigger problem to worry about than my video game. Some of ya'll act as if its life or death. Get a life.

LOL I always love the "get a life" posts, good reply Sally thx for the laugh.

BF

Wait...you tell him to get a life, then mock him for telling you the same thing?

Good stuff.
Old 09-29-2009, 08:25 AM   #100
Banned

OVR: 38

Nope I think their hands are tied and they know certain issues cant be addressed properly with their outdated tape , spit and glue engine.
On a side note after buying the game 21 years i will not buy it again intil its totally rehauled ....
Old 09-29-2009, 08:30 AM   #101
MVP

OVR: 34

I dont believe a game ships, playing the way it does, by accident.

I beleive that if a game plays a certain way, that is exactly how they intended the game to play.

Someone, somewhere looked at the finished product and said, "Yup..lets go! Ship it."

In that sense, I believe they are "doing their best"

I honestly believe that this is what their vision of video game football is, and what they believe that the consumer wants.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2009, 09:29 AM   #102
Rookie

OVR: 2

maybe they are just not capable of making a great football game. it's not a knock or intended to be mean, but just like some good athletes are not good enough to make the pro's, maybe they are just not capable of making a great football game and are under the illusion it is due to sales.

btw, they need to fire their entire game tester department.
Old 10-02-2009, 08:13 AM   #103
Banned

EA SPORTS = BIG DISAPPOINTMENT ( Don't wonder why Nascar cut ties with them )

2K SPORTS = GREAT AND BIG POTENTIAL ( Why? 'coz they will continue to improve in the next gen )
Old 10-02-2009, 08:19 AM   #104
Rookie

No because they have monopolized the market. That's terrible for the consumer because EA can take their precious time as they have any not do anything to the games but mess it up. They just take out things we like and put in garbage nobody wants.

Bring back owners box, create a playbook, let us edit special teams, ext.
Take out the buying cheats in franchise, stupid.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »