Home

Do you feel ea sports is doing their best with madden?

This is a discussion on Do you feel ea sports is doing their best with madden? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-25-2009, 12:47 AM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 7
Re: Do you feel ea sports is doing their best with madden?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hlhbk
Why is that?
What are you a madden fanboy?

This thread isnt to bash madden. So dont take offense cause you seem to confuse ea sports with your sense of self. This thread is an honest question.

Whether you like it or not we have the right to not be happy with the product they put out each year.
Let me ask you this. How many times have you shook your head playing madden saying man this shouldnt have happened. Or this isnt right. I am sure you have done it many many times. However you are in such denial you dont want to talk about it.

I haven't even played 2k5. I am a madden guy like you. Always have been. I was happy when I first heard madden had the exclusive rights to the nfl. That was when madden was somewhat decent. Boy times have changed. And im fed up! I gotta voice my opinion on this.

So dont turn this into an 2k vs ea sports thing. Cause i support ea sports. I have spent 1000s in the last decade on their product. All I ask is to get a good product. I can honestly say I dont feel like this is their best effort because this game isn't good.

Why is it that ea can make a good game last gen. However this gen its been absolutely horrible. Some say its the engine. Maybe. All I say is I dont care what it is I just want it fixed. I want to play the greatest football game of my life. And I wont stop till I do.
Old 09-25-2009, 12:50 AM   #34
All Star

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrant8RDFL
I feel EA sports is doing well with their lineup, but tiburon is another story.

Now I'am not going to say they suck , or they are not trying their best, but I truly feel that they made a horrible decision with picking this engine, and is the main reason why Madden has a ton of problems. I really feel no matter what developers you get to do Madden as long as they use this engine they will come across a ton of problems.

Tiburon is the only division for EA really dropping the ball. The rest of EA is doing a nice job.
Have to agree w/your last point. To emphasize, look at how all of EA's sports titles performed going next gen. They ALL struggled. And it's my understanding they all share technology amongst themselves. So to some degree they were all handicapped similiarly. While I agree the underlying game engine(s) aren't ideal (physics issues, animation issues, etc.) it seems they run into problems more because of how they choose to implement ideas rather than the ideas themselves.

Pro-Tak is a great idea. It's implementation or how it seems they originally intended to implement it seems poor. They deserve credit for trying to do something different from a presentation standpoint when they went next gen - but immediate futuristic 3D injury scans wasn't the way to go. Nor was going with one superstar ref over a team of referees. The hometown announcer. Unique runnning back styles - a great idea that was half-heartedly followed through. They do a fairly good job with the unique QB styles this year (long as you're willing to look past QBs that don't throw the ball away or take sacks), but don't bother to attempt implementing unique running styles for other players/positions. I don't question Tiburon's work ethic; I think they're doing the best they can. At the same time it's scary to think that they're doing the best they can.

XBL gamertag: d0meBreaker22 (that's a zero)

congrats Steelers, city of Pittsburgh, and Steeler Nation - SIX TIME WORLD CHAMPS
Old 09-25-2009, 12:54 AM   #35
MVP

Pacman83's Arena

OVR: 16

Personally i enjoy the hell outta madden...i dont see ur problem...maybe give examples of what u dont like to make it seem like you know what ur talkin about? (No sarcasm) I've seen a few instances where im like thats not realistic...but then its a video game..and its not completely unrealistic.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-25-2009, 12:57 AM   #36
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantgetright69
What are you a madden fanboy?

This thread isnt to bash madden. So dont take offense cause you seem to confuse ea sports with your sense of self. This thread is an honest question.

Whether you like it or not we have the right to not be happy with the product they put out each year.
Let me ask you this. How many times have you shook your head playing madden saying man this shouldnt have happened. Or this isnt right. I am sure you have done it many many times. However you are in such denial you dont want to talk about it.

I haven't even played 2k5. I am a madden guy like you. Always have been. I was happy when I first heard madden had the exclusive rights to the nfl. That was when madden was somewhat decent. Boy times have changed. And im fed up! I gotta voice my opinion on this.

So dont turn this into an 2k vs ea sports thing. Cause i support ea sports. I have spent 1000s in the last decade on their product. All I ask is to get a good product. I can honestly say I dont feel like this is their best effort because this game isn't good.

Why is it that ea can make a good game last gen. However this gen its been absolutely horrible. Some say its the engine. Maybe. All I say is I dont care what it is I just want it fixed. I want to play the greatest football game of my life. And I wont stop till I do.
Based on another thread you started, I get the feeling you enjoy franchise mode. The guys from HC came over to Madden 10. If you were here earlier in the year, you would have seen a blog stating that they just were not going to dump everything from HC into Madden and they were just going to tweak and adjust whatever franchise mode had for Madden 09. It might have softened the blow if you knew that.

Let's hope Franchise Mode receives some love for Madden 11.
Old 09-25-2009, 01:00 AM   #37
MVP

Tyrant8RDFL's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpdfrank
I honestly believe that EA/Tiburon have been doing just enough to say look at how we improved Madden this year. When anyone who wants to be honest with themselves knows that if there was competition for EA, we would be definitely seeing a much much better game. Is Madden 10 better than Madden 09? Yes it is, but that doesn't necessarily equate to "its a great game". How much food do you give to someone thats hungary? Just enough to let them know they want more, and they need you. You don't stuff them, so they walk away satisfied. This is what EA has been doing with Madden for a long time now. They keep giving you bits of improvement year after year, so that its just enough to keep us coming back for the next release, because EA knows there are so many video football game fanatics out here that will continue to buy the game in hopes that one year its OUTSTANDING. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure this out, just HONESTY.
I can agree with this. It only makes business sense to milk the product since EA owns the license, but is it working?

To a degree yes, but for every year that passes more and more gamers are just not bothering with Madden anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpdfrank
hlhbk, not many people disagree with the fact that Madden 2010 is better than previous Madden's, its just not what it should be. I started playing NHL 10, and let me say that with a few slider adjustments, it plays an incredible solid game of hockey. That's what i have expected out of Madden. Months and months after Madden gets released, their are still guys on here doing their best to come up with sliders that make the game what it should be. That doesnt tell you something?
You are so correct with your reply. NHL is solid right out of the box, and to add to the list. I would like to add MLB the Show 09.

Very little slider adjustments are needed for these games, and the results are amazing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spankdatazz22
Have to agree w/your last point. To emphasize, look at how all of EA's sports titles performed going next gen. They ALL struggled. And it's my understanding they all share technology amongst themselves. So to some degree they were all handicapped similiarly. While I agree the underlying game engine(s) aren't ideal (physics issues, animation issues, etc.) it seems they run into problems more because of how they choose to implement ideas rather than the ideas themselves.

Pro-Tak is a great idea. It's implementation or how it seems they originally intended to implement it seems poor. They deserve credit for trying to do something different from a presentation standpoint when they went next gen - but immediate futuristic 3D injury scans wasn't the way to go. Nor was going with one superstar ref over a team of referees. The hometown announcer. Unique runnning back styles - a great idea that was half-heartedly followed through. They do a fairly good job with the unique QB styles this year (long as you're willing to look past QBs that don't throw the ball away or take sacks), but don't bother to attempt implementing unique running styles for other players/positions. I don't question Tiburon's work ethic; I think they're doing the best they can. At the same time it's scary to think that they're doing the best they can.
We are on the same page. Nice post
Old 09-25-2009, 01:11 AM   #38
DickDalewood

OVR:

I didn't the past few years but I do now.

Old 09-25-2009, 04:18 PM   #39
Pro

OVR: 3

I think they are doing the best job they can.

And that is the sad part.

The thing is, they have no clue what football is, should be, was, or will be. They just don't. They don't even watch football games.
Their "roster guru" Donnie Moore made a fool of himself in that TJ Houshmanzadeh interview when he said that they got their speed ratings from "scouring the internet and looking at combine #s".... are you serious? You are getting TJ's speed rating in 2010 from his combine #s and internet searches? Not to mention he didn't even run in the combine. Just watch the games, jesus christ. It's ridiculous. You have the NFL Exclusive License and you do NOTHING with it. NOTHING. You buy ESPN just so 2k can't have them, and do NOTHING with them. If they didn't put Powered by ESPN on their cover and play ESPN Radio every now and then in the background would you even know they had ESPN? You don't get the ESPN license for ESPN radio in the background and a cover graphic, you make the game's presentation match what ESPN provides and run with it, ala 2K5 (f*cking ridiculous that you can compare a game from last gen 5 years ago to a current version of Madden and Madden still lacks in ANY category)

How people can not see this boggles my mind. I guess that is my real problem.
Old 09-25-2009, 04:35 PM   #40
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbmnm247
I think they are doing the best job they can.

And that is the sad part.

The thing is, they have no clue what football is, should be, was, or will be. They just don't. They don't even watch football games.
Their "roster guru" Donnie Moore made a fool of himself in that TJ Houshmanzadeh interview when he said that they got their speed ratings from "scouring the internet and looking at combine #s".... are you serious? You are getting TJ's speed rating in 2010 from his combine #s and internet searches? Not to mention he didn't even run in the combine. Just watch the games, jesus christ. It's ridiculous. You have the NFL Exclusive License and you do NOTHING with it. NOTHING. You buy ESPN just so 2k can't have them, and do NOTHING with them. If they didn't put Powered by ESPN on their cover and play ESPN Radio every now and then in the background would you even know they had ESPN? You don't get the ESPN license for ESPN radio in the background and a cover graphic, you make the game's presentation match what ESPN provides and run with it, ala 2K5 (f*cking ridiculous that you can compare a game from last gen 5 years ago to a current version of Madden and Madden still lacks in ANY category)

How people can not see this boggles my mind. I guess that is my real problem.
Wow, breathe deep. There is a gripe thread at the top of this forum where this rant could have gone.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »