Home

Why does almost EVERY game have to be close?

This is a discussion on Why does almost EVERY game have to be close? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-25-2009, 02:41 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 15
Why does almost EVERY game have to be close?

I mean I would like to either blow out an opponent or GET BEAT like 28-0 or something.

I have played ALOT of Madden offline franchise seasons and not ONCE have I ever been shutout or have shutout an opponent. It doesn't matter if I have 90+ players in practically every defensive position. The ai WILL in fact score on you.

I mean I don't mind 90% of the games being close, but all I want is 1 game out of 20-30 where I shutout them or they shutout me.

Is this completely unreasonable? Has EA coded it so practically every game has to be a close game? Am I out of line?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-25-2009, 02:44 AM   #2
Banned

Pringles's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Why does almost EVERY game have to be close?

you nee to get the patch and start over i played 3 games so far as the lions beat the saints 58-13 then got beat 38 to 14 by the vikes adrian peterson trashed me then i creamed the redskins 50 to 7
Old 09-25-2009, 02:49 AM   #3
Banned

I did get the patch bro. And I'm not asking for even to shut out an opponent. I just want realism like everyone else, and even with scores like 28-7, 35-3, 9-7, etc., it would be fine with me.

But I swear I've played 9 seasons now and MOST of my players are in their 80's and 90's. In fact my entire defense is 90+ except for one DT (88 rating) , and ROLB (82 rating).

I mean every single team still scores atleast 20+ points that I play against. So scores will be like 34-28, 35-31, 27-20 whether it be that I win or lose.

Thats all I'm saying. Why do I need to start over after the patch? I was told I didn't need to.
Old 09-25-2009, 02:49 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pringles
you nee to get the patch and start over i played 3 games so far as the lions beat the saints 58-13 then got beat 38 to 14 by the vikes adrian peterson trashed me then i creamed the redskins 50 to 7
That sounds about what happens before the patch, depending on the sliders.

I would much rather have closer games more often. It seems like I win by two scores alot, and thats with running the ball all the time.
Old 09-25-2009, 02:53 AM   #5
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senior Whitebread
That sounds about what happens before the patch, depending on the sliders.

I would much rather have closer games more often. It seems like I win by two scores alot, and thats with running the ball all the time.
No I understand that. I'm just talking about one game in a blue moon where I either get creamed or I whoop the other team BADLY.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-25-2009, 02:56 AM   #6
Banned

OVR: 6

I've never had that problem. What kind of sliders are you using?
Old 09-25-2009, 02:59 AM   #7
CSL
Pro

OVR: 8

35-24
48-21
45-13
24-7
30-23
44-21
24-2
17-13
34-28
34-31

Some were wins, some were losses. Seems pretty balanced to me, close games, blowouts, average games etc. I'm guessing it's a combination of the way you play, who you are, your sliders, quarter length etc
Old 09-25-2009, 02:59 AM   #8
Banned

Using Zero's sliders by that dfos (spelling) guy.

It's where you have Player/CPU all at 50 with these changes:

Run Block: 25/50
Break Tackle: 25/50

QB Accuracy: 50/40

These were highly recommend. I play Coach Mode which works well with these. I get realistic stats and around 120 plays with 12min/15 runoff.

But I've tried a ton of different sliders and alot of them get around the same results. Do you have any good sliders?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »