Home

nba live technology for madden?

This is a discussion on nba live technology for madden? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-25-2009, 02:56 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 5
nba live technology for madden?

i think it was the last Nba live game that had a new feature that updated players daily to their real life counter parts and made them hot or cold, etc.. Could something like that work in madden?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-25-2009, 03:02 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: nba live technology for madden?

It pretty much does in the form of roster updates. I suppose if they reintroduce in-season progression it would be easier to display who is "hot" rather than 8 points better than he was three weeks prior, and vice verca
Old 09-25-2009, 03:39 AM   #3
Rookie

i know they have roster updates once a month or whatever but the nba live thing is live 365 and updates daily and would be cool i think if madden could put this in an update weekly.
Old 09-25-2009, 07:32 AM   #4
MVP

RaiderKtulu's Arena

OVR: 13

Even ignoring the fact that no one plays just one game of madden each week.... think about this:

NBA, you have 12 players per team.

NFL, you have 53.

30 NBA teams.
32 NFL teams.

NBA = 360 players
NFL = 1696 players, more if you include the free agent pool.

Yeah, surely it's just as easy to update Madden daily as it is for an NBA game. Nevermind that we already get roster updates every couple weeks anyway.

Plus, while NBA players may have obvious tendencies that can be adjusted, the NFL doesn't work that way. Basketball, as a sport, has a much greater focus on the individual. Sure, you can determine if a RB is more of a power or finesse back, but that's already done. It's not like a player is making the choice of running right more than left. It's on the coaches and varies by the teams involved.

Does playcalling and coaching AI need more work? Yeah, sure. Always. No game has ever really gotten it right. Would a daily update to player ratings do anything useful to that end? No.

Stop with this damn topic.
Old 09-25-2009, 07:47 AM   #5
MVP

nuckles2k2's Arena

OVR: 13

How do you have daily updates for a sport that's played once a week?

During the NBA season there is pretty much a game every night, so there's always something to update. That's not really the case in the NFL...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-25-2009, 08:47 AM   #6
Rookie

it was just a question since I heard about and thought it was cool but dont play b-ball games. And for the last guy, i said weekly for football.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »