Home

Less Robo QB following Patch1?

This is a discussion on Less Robo QB following Patch1? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-25-2009, 04:11 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 15
Re: Less Robo QB following Patch1?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremym480
Oh Ok, the QB spiking the ball in the ground (before getting sacked) is not a myth, lol.
That's intentional grounding, genius. And the "Greatest Football Game Ever Made" never calls it.
Old 09-25-2009, 04:13 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 21

robo QB in madden 10 is very different from madden 09.

There was the overly-accurate robo QB from 09 that could ALWAYS find the open man no matter what. There also wasn't the extensive slider set that we have now to compensate.

In madden 10, robo QB is very much alive and well. However, it is different. The QB just knows when he's about to be sacked so he magically releases the ball the split second before it happens. In turn, there are too many bad passes and floaters, and many should be called for intentional grounding but are not.

To blindly say that it's the users' fault for playing poor D is not accurate. Even if I don't control a single player on D, my CPU players v their CPU players should generate realistic results over the course of a large sample size. Especially if I have a superior D and call good situation plays and mix it up, the law of averages should make the lesser tier QBs perform poorly.

• PSN ID: MaddenDew
Old 09-25-2009, 04:14 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Robo QB is a myth. It's an excuse for people who can't play D or who want something to complain about when their oppenent's QB "gets hot".

Plus, if you watch the NFL you will see QB's that get on "hot streaks" game after game. That's the NFL. I guess Jax needs to complain that Kurt Warner was in Super "Robo QB" Mode last week and any team that plays against Drew Brees or Peyton Manning is playing against a "Robo QB", right??At least, Tom Brady "Robo QBednish" has slowed down a bit.

On the flip side, I suppose, Raiders fans want to complain that JaMarcus can't complete a pass (in M10). Well, guess what?? He can't complete one in real life either.

IMO, the QB rating's are the best ever in any football game because they really matter this year. But, people just need to understand that getting "lit up" from time to time is a part of the game. Just Sayin'
Pretty big words for someone who was talking about an entirely different issue.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-25-2009, 04:16 PM   #12

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvaccaro
robo QB in madden 10 is very different from madden 09.

There was the overly-accurate robo QB from 09 that could ALWAYS find the open man no matter what. There also wasn't the extensive slider set that we have now to compensate.

In madden 10, robo QB is very much alive and well. However, it is different. The QB just knows when he's about to be sacked so he magically releases the ball the split second before it happens. In turn, there are too many bad passes and floaters, and many should be called for intentional grounding but are not.

To blindly say that it's the users' fault for playing poor D is not accurate. Even if I don't control a single player on D, my CPU players v their CPU players should generate realistic results over the course of a large sample size. Especially if I have a superior D and call good situation plays and mix it up, the law of averages should make the lesser tier QBs perform poorly.
Very well said.

The problem with the term Robo QB is that over the years it has come to mean so many different things now and everyone has their own interpretation.

I never took it to mean a QB goes 19/20 but understand why some did. The issues mentioned in your post are real issues regardless of what people want to term them.
Old 09-25-2009, 04:32 PM   #13
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrHeffalump
Pretty big words for someone who was talking about an entirely different issue.
I was going by what the term "ROBO QB" actually means. Which is unbelievably accurate and practically unstoppable. So, I stand by my big words.

Plus, if you will read the entire 1st page you will notice, were I said that the QB getting rid of the ball right before he gets hit, is in the game.

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Old 09-25-2009, 04:36 PM   #14

kehlis's Arena

Quote:
I was going by what the term "ROBO QB" actually means. Which is unbelievably accurate and practically unstoppable. So, I stand by my big words.
Who says that is what the term "actually" means. It has been used over and over in so many different ways. Who determines what it actually means?
Old 09-25-2009, 04:41 PM   #15
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
Who says that is what the term "actually" means. It has been used over and over in so many different ways. Who determines what it actually means?
Ok, I'll admit I should have said, in my opinion. But, also IMO, I don't consider the QB getting rid of the ball before a sack "Robo QB", I consider "NO TAKE SACK QB".

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-25-2009, 04:44 PM   #16

kehlis's Arena

Quote:
Ok, I'll admit I should have said, in my opinion. But, also IMO, I don't consider the QB getting rid of the ball before a sack "Robo QB", I consider "NO TAKE SACK QB".
Right, it's nothing more than semantics. What you refer to as "No take sack QB" many others refer to "Robo QB". It's not really an opinion either way, since it really is a made up term that has had many different meanings to everybody since its "inception".

At the end of the day, whatever we want to call it, it does seem to be somewhat of an issue that hopefully we can get addressed

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »