Home

Are tosses from the shotgun bugged?

This is a discussion on Are tosses from the shotgun bugged? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-25-2009, 03:07 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 12
Are tosses from the shotgun bugged?

I was playing a game that was the Chargers (me) vs. the Chiefs. LT had been getting stuffed all day (Tyson Jackson was completely unblockable to the right, and Derrick Johnson was shutting down the left) so I was passing a lot. I saw a toss play from a shotgun formation and decided to try it out.

LT got the toss, juked the FS and it was off to the races for a 45 yard TD. I was very happy since up to that point I had 12 yards on 16 carries, I needed something to boost my YPC and establish my running game. After the PAT I noticed that the drive summary said "Scoring Play: P. Rivers incomplete pass; intended for L. Tomlinson." I went and checked and LT had not gotten credit for the run or the TD, so I had 21 points but only 2 TDs on the sheet.

Has anyone seen this before or know anything you can do about it? I liked the play, but I don't want to use it if all the yards I get with it will be thrown out and labelled an incompletion.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-25-2009, 03:24 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: Are tosses from the shotgun bugged?

was it a toss forward?? cause if so then technically its a passing play since it was tossed forward
Old 09-25-2009, 03:56 PM   #3
Pro

I'm pretty sure it was a backwards toss, and even if it was a forward toss LT caught it and ran it in for a TD, so how is it credited as an incompletion?
Old 09-25-2009, 04:17 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 3

Is it possible that Rivers was hit when he threw the ball and they are counting it as a fumble or tipped pass?

At any rate, weird.
Old 09-25-2009, 04:37 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 3

Me and my friend were playing in our franchise last night and we noticed that our qb had 2 td passes but we knew for a fact one of our recievers had 3 So we went and checked and sure enough It said our reciever had 3 and the qb had 2 LoL Kinda made us laugh haha but that is kinda weak!!

And on an um related topic Aparently either we are having a blackout in our city or I didn't see where to pay the electric bill under finances cuz there are no lights on in my stadium!!! LoL Wtf is goin on?? Glad it's not a night game cuz the only light is coming from outside I guess Haha
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-25-2009, 05:04 PM   #6
Pro

Nope, there was no one within 5 yards of either Rivers or LT when the toss/pass/lateral was made. Oh well, it sucks because I won't be able to use the play and it was a good play I was looking forward to incorporating into my offense.
Old 09-25-2009, 05:12 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 1

I've seen this numerous times in franchise. Its outta the shotgun splitback toss with the fb motioning for the block. Almost everytime I house that toss it counts as an incomplete pass. No credit for td by rb rushing or by qb passing, but at least you still get the points.
Too bad for stats though!!
Old 09-25-2009, 05:24 PM   #8
Pro

Funny, last night I was playing a game and Flacco threw the ball to one of my rookie WRs running a shallow crossing route near the sideline, and one of the NE CBs jumped right in front of him and batted down the ball. I was like "damn it" but a cut scene came out with both referees saying that he had made the catch on the sideline. I was like WTF??? so I immediately went to replay the play and clearly the CB batted down the ball and my WR never even touched the ball while he was trying to make a tip toe sideline catch. Luckily the play didn't count but it was a very weird cut-scene.

*Actual time may vary.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »