Home

are you willing to speak with your wallet?

This is a discussion on are you willing to speak with your wallet? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: How will your impression of Madden 2010 affect your decision to buy 2011
Satisfied with 2010 - WILL buy 2011 64 52.03%
Satisfied with 2010 - WON'T buy 2011 6 4.88%
Unsatisfied with 2010 - WILL buy 2011 4 3.25%
Unsatisfied with 2010 - WON'T buy 2011 49 39.84%
Voters: 123. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-25-2009, 05:36 PM   #33
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: are you willing to speak with your wallet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcus82
What's DLC?

the Sight Unseen Madden purchase must stop! lol we gotta hold them accountable

DLC? I hope your kidding with all the complaints about $7 unis on the site but if your not, it's DownLoadable Content. The madden shop, AFL unis, online franchise mode for additional users, basically anything you can purchase online for the game that puts extra money in EAs pocket.
Old 09-25-2009, 05:40 PM   #34
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis

I just find the poll flawed because I find it real hard to believe that people, regardless of how much they hated 10, would simply not buy 11 without and thought at all just to prove a point. That really doesn't make sense to me.

Without any info out there yet, I don't see how anyone can conclusively say they will not be purchasing 11 at all.
right no on can say conclusively whether or not they will purchase. That's why i specifically presented the poll based primarily on your impression of 2010. I tried to keep the poll as simple as possible without having 10 different choices. If you look there were a few people who were satisfied but simply don't feel the need to buy madden each year. Not sure why they won't buy it but it is interesting to see that response.

I'm not suggesting people don't buy madden 2011 to "stick it to the man". I'm suggesting that people by the game only after they have researched whether the advancements/quality of the game warrant consecutive year purchases. Why do you think there is such a huge effort to pre order games??? so you don't have an opportunity to rethink your purchase if it turns out that the final product is crap. Also from a financial point of view its just a poor way to handle you personal business. Time value of money (I may be getting to deep for some of you)

don't just simply buy madden because you love football,its that time of year, and the madden marketing machine is running full tilt.

i'm planning on not buying next year. but if 2 months after release i start seeing threads on this board saying that all the "stupid stuff" that madden did last year has been washed away I may be inclined to get it. the likelihood of that happening is very low so i think its safe to say that the 2010 copy will be fine for the next couple years. they don't have a track record of aggresively fixing issues with the game.

but to your point it is not a perfect poll but IMO it has been illuminating.
Old 09-25-2009, 05:41 PM   #35
MVP

stlstudios189's Arena

OVR: 41

I am boycotting the DLC, the AFL uniforms should have been free. and the talk out of retirement feature wtf?! Why would you not put that in the game oh for my $7 BS man. I still like the game and will buy it like I have 19 of the past 20 years

I have won like 20 Super Bowls in Madden so I am kinda a big deal.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-25-2009, 05:42 PM   #36
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjcheezhead
DLC? I hope your kidding with all the complaints about $7 unis on the site but if your not, it's DownLoadable Content. The madden shop, AFL unis, online franchise mode for additional users, basically anything you can purchase online for the game that puts extra money in EAs pocket.

lol ok. hey its a business, and a sucker is born every minute. i'm not mad at them for it. they just won't get that from me. lol at the hidden fees
Old 09-25-2009, 05:43 PM   #37
Rookie

Simply put no. I do think you are wrong in one point though. EA over the past four years has seen sales drop for Madden. I think that they trying to turn things around because of this, thus the new developement team and, as what most believe, a very much improved product.

However, to me it's not about the money. I enjoy playing NFL football games, so reguardless of the prior year's product, I wil continue to purchase Madden on release day every year.
Old 09-25-2009, 05:51 PM   #38
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by homeycool
Simply put no. I do think you are wrong in one point though. EA over the past four years has seen sales drop for Madden. I think that they trying to turn things around because of this, thus the new developement team and, as what most believe, a very much improved product.

However, to me it's not about the money. I enjoy playing NFL football games, so reguardless of the prior year's product, I wil continue to purchase Madden on release day every year.
this is the behavior i'm talking about. It's not wrong and by all means if you want the game buy it. there is a level of quality that we should have from madden after over 20 years of development. but i think its the die hard fans/enthusiasts that decreases the sense of urgency at EA. you represent EA's base. once upon a time i was just like you lol
Old 09-25-2009, 05:53 PM   #39
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlstudios189
I am boycotting the DLC, the AFL uniforms should have been free. and the talk out of retirement feature wtf?! Why would you not put that in the game oh for my $7 BS man. I still like the game and will buy it like I have 19 of the past 20 years

yeah i'm with you. i'm boycotting all that trash. But i'm not boycotting Madden, i'm just commiting myself to make more informed purchases
Old 09-25-2009, 06:01 PM   #40
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrocarb
I think PS2 versions of the game blow away the PS3 versions. The graphics might be better but at the cost of real gameplay.

i would have to agree with you. personally i could really care less about next gen graphics. it certainly improves the experience but let's be real, the last "significant" jump in gaming technology happened with the ps2 and xbox. everything after that has been and will be fluff. i can't be a fan like i once was until they get the basics right

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »