Home

Can someone explain the tackles please?

This is a discussion on Can someone explain the tackles please? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-26-2009, 12:45 AM   #9
MVP

Palo20's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Can someone explain the tackles please?

I think 12 min. quarters gets pretty close to the proper number of plays. I've found 13 min with 15 sec runoff is very, very close.

MLBs in sim games just get too many tackles--this has been acknowledged and is being fixed in the next patch.

During played games, the DLine gets too many tackles, so it takes away from the LBs.
Old 09-26-2009, 01:43 AM   #10
Banned

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by tooltrip26
I think i know why...

it is because the simmed games use 15min quarters with no runoff (they run many more plays than your 12min 15sec runoff)

the simmed games have the MLB making 10+ tackles EVERY GAME.
Nope thats not correct man. I've checked. I checked the teams that their MLB is getting 10+ tackles practically each game and I looked at the number of plays they run.

It's on average between 115-130 plays every single game.

Thats not the reason. And now I remember Josh Looman saying something about that the total number of tackles stats in game isn't adding up correctly out of game. The assists arent adding to the total tackles stat.

But I don't believe this is accurate either because if you were to add these simmed MLB's assists to their solo tackles...they'd be over 200 total tackles every season.

It has to be just plain out broken.
Old 09-26-2009, 05:40 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 13

Maybe they could add in a Simulation Quarter Length or something. Like what 2k5 did, Im not saying that they're better than EA but heck if it helps it helps.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-26-2009, 08:23 AM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by joejccva71
Thats not the reason. And now I remember Josh Looman saying something about that the total number of tackles stats in game isn't adding up correctly out of game. The assists arent adding to the total tackles stat.

But I don't believe this is accurate either because if you were to add these simmed MLB's assists to their solo tackles...they'd be over 200 total tackles every season.

It has to be just plain out broken.
The total tackles IS showing assists and solo tackles, it's just labeled incorrectly. So when you look at the solo tackles column it should really be the total tackles column.
Old 09-26-2009, 08:25 AM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palo20
I think 12 min. quarters gets pretty close to the proper number of plays. I've found 13 min with 15 sec runoff is very, very close.

MLBs in sim games just get too many tackles--this has been acknowledged and is being fixed in the next patch.

During played games, the DLine gets too many tackles, so it takes away from the LBs.
and this is correct. the d-line sheds too easily in my opinion on run plays, thus lowering the LBs opportunities.
Old 09-26-2009, 08:27 AM   #14
Pro

AC IS ART's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyDunc
and this is correct. the d-line sheds too easily in my opinion on run plays, thus lowering the LBs opportunities.
Bingo. There is just too much clutter in-game at the line of scrimmage. 9/10 times the LB's get caught up in the trash and the first defender to disengage or react to the play is the defensive lineman.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »