Home

Depth Chart Glitch?

This is a discussion on Depth Chart Glitch? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-26-2009, 12:57 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Depth Chart Glitch?

Ever since the patch came out iv'e been having this weird depth chart glitch. During a game after any random play my depth chart will get messed up. For some reason my starting reiceivers and running backs disappear, and i end up having my back up running back in and my tight ends/linemen playing wide receiver. I'll check my depth chart and nothing seems to be wrong with it, but during the play, the wrong people are in.

When this glitch happens, my starting receivers/runningbacks won't play for the rest of the game. I even try to manually sub my starters in through the playcall screen, but they just seem to be missing, like they decided to leave the game early.

It's like, cmon, on top of all the other problems this game has... Now this happens?

I just want to know if anyone else has been having this problem, or know of a way to fix it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-26-2009, 01:41 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Depth Chart Glitch?

If everything was ok pre patch, you should lower your fatigue rating. The fatigue effectiveness was increased in the patch so I think thats your problem.
Old 09-26-2009, 02:52 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

Thanks for the tip, i'll try this and see how it works.
Old 09-26-2009, 03:26 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 4
This happen to me earlier today. I was playing the new madden moments from the AFL Legacy pack, and the Charger had 7 seconds left on the clock and Rivers threw the ball to Jacksom for the winning score. Then I noticed something wasnt right, so I checked the instant replay and discovered Randy Moss and Wes Welker playing cornerbacks. Moss just let Jackson run right by him for a wide open score. It bummed me out because I needed to score atleast 24 points to beat that specific moment. I tied the game just to watch my top 2 recievers blow it on defense as cb's,which is completely out of my control. Weird to say the least. I'll give it another go later.
Old 09-26-2009, 04:20 AM   #5
Banned

OVR: 11

Someone explained it this way. As a player fatigues he never recovers back to the full level.

So, for example, a guy fatigues below the sub threshold, then eventually recovers to 95%. Next time he fatigues to sub out, then recovers only to 90%. Eventually he won't recover to above the threshold for subs, so he will never return to the game.

Make sure your starters, just as in the real NFL, get some rest between plays. That's why there's a 3rd Down RB in the depth chart, so that the starter gets a rest.

My starting RB kept disappearing and eventually disappeared in the second half of the Superbowl. I had him returning kicks, and as the 3rd down back too. Once I pulled him out of those two spots, he never disappeared in the 2nd half.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-26-2009, 04:22 AM   #6
Banned

OVR: 1

Actually, the 3rd down back is there because third down is usually a passing down, so you want to put your best receiving running back in as the 3rd down back.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »