Home

Madden 10 vs. FIFA 10 Demo

This is a discussion on Madden 10 vs. FIFA 10 Demo within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 09-26-2009, 04:54 AM   #9
Banned

OVR: 12
Re: Madden 10 vs. FIFA 10 Demo

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB0B0
are you serious? fifa is way better than pes
yes im serious, the mode where u could be ur own player was lame and over all graphics in fifa sucked compared to pes plus the game play is better.
Old 09-26-2009, 04:54 AM   #10
Banned

OVR: 10

I hate soccer its the most boring sport. however i will say i did like the demo of fifa 10 however its only EA's best simulation sport title it is not the best soccer game however please try pro evolution soccer 09 before you say that.
Old 09-26-2009, 05:17 AM   #11
Rookie

KensaiKatai's Arena

OVR: 8

good luck trying to aim a shot in fifa.

and yes pro evo destroys fifa because there are more options and controls on the pitch, pro evo remains the standard in all futbol playing countries.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-26-2009, 06:40 AM   #12
Banned

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSL
BTW, if you want a real football/soccer game, go buy Pro Evo (Winning Eleven over there) when it comes out.
I'm also British, and without wanting to start a PES vs FIFA argument, this guy couldn't be more wrong. About 3 years ago sure, PES was the better game but since then FIFA has just got better and better and PES worse and worse.
Old 09-26-2009, 07:07 AM   #13
Rookie

Trustpt's Arena

OVR: 5

Dude, I can't believe you guys are comparing a football game with a futbol game. And btw, FIFA is a million times better than PES. FIFA is "sim", PES is an arcadish game. PES was outstanding till PES6 and FIFA back then was total crap. But now, with the new consoles everything changed.
Old 09-26-2009, 07:21 AM   #14
Pro

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSL
BTW, if you want a real football/soccer game, go buy Pro Evo (Winning Eleven over there) when it comes out.
Have you even played pes on next gen?

FIFA blows it out of the water.
Old 09-26-2009, 07:23 AM   #15
MVP

nuckles2k2's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trustpt
Dude, I can't believe you guys are comparing a football game with a futbol game. And btw, FIFA is a million times better than PES. FIFA is "sim", PES is an arcadish game. PES was outstanding till PES6 and FIFA back then was total crap. But now, with the new consoles everything changed.
FIFA is still an arcadish game. There's no real build up needed in the game, it's just "pass the ball to a fast player on the wing, run run run, then try to cross it in. The midfield is irrelevant, and that's not a sim.

At least in Madden you actually need skill players to get the ball in the endzone, you know?

And the constant pressure that people can apply in FIFA...the assisted passing that takes very little skill to use (seems to be toned down a little in FIFA 10,) the fact that the game is made to play like a game long highlight film and it caters to the shootout 4-3 games and not the more tactical 0-1, 1-1, or 2-1 games. Apparently those games are boring...even to the soccer "fans" who supposedly watch the sport in real life...which is mind boggling since most games are close competitions, so...

They watered the game down so it's easily accessible to everyone who buys the game. The only things really sim about FIFA are the 10 guys on the pitch, the 2 goalies in the net, the refs and lines judges, and of course the ball. The rest of the game is a highlight reel.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-26-2009, 07:24 AM   #16
Rookie

staffan's Arena

OVR: 6

Understand you Radio.
I enjoy Madden a bit but somethings are just not right!
My main problem is that it is not fun to play defense because the bad control and that is very obvious when you compare to FIFA.

Fifa is the best Soccer game if you want a sim.
A couple of years ago it was the other way around.

I am european, I enjoy Football more than Soccer.
I encourage you to play FIFA more because you will be rewarded.
It is not perfect though - it is a game.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »