Home

Madden 10 vs. FIFA 10 Demo

This is a discussion on Madden 10 vs. FIFA 10 Demo within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 09-26-2009, 07:32 AM   #17
MVP

nuckles2k2's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Madden 10 vs. FIFA 10 Demo

Quote:
Originally Posted by staffan
Understand you Radio.
I enjoy Madden a bit but somethings are just not right!
My main problem is that it is not fun to play defense because the bad control and that is very obvious when you compare to FIFA.

Fifa is the best Soccer game if you want a sim.
A couple of years ago it was the other way around.

I am european, I enjoy Football more than Soccer.
I encourage you to play FIFA more because you will be rewarded.
It is not perfect though - it is a game.
Do you think FIFA's defense is better because of the first defender (A) and second defender (B) buttons? Where people just mash down both buttons and send two guys at you?
Old 09-26-2009, 07:51 AM   #18
Banned

OVR: 5

I think whats missing in this back and forth is quite simple. FIFA seems to do a better job of expressing futbol than Madden does at expressing American Football. Period. Thats the main reason a lot of guys on this site play the games. They want them to play as real as possible and while passes in FIFA can be assisted it also can be manual. Shots take practice and skills. Plain and simple FIFA is a more complete game of futbol than Madden is at Football. Its their flagship sports title and bests seller why would it not be...

TMAC

Last edited by tomymac23; 09-26-2009 at 07:53 AM. Reason: adding other comments to complete thought
Old 09-26-2009, 08:17 AM   #19
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jono078
Have you even played pes on next gen?

FIFA blows it out of the water.
Agreed. And I used to be a huge WE11 fanboy.
Old 09-26-2009, 08:21 AM   #20
Rookie

Old Mr T's Arena

I agree that FIFA portrays soccer more accurately than Madden does football.

But in terms of soccer games, Pro Evolution (Winning Eleven) is a proper simulation in comparison to FIFA's arcade-like soccer. I've played both FIFA and Pro Evo plenty and there's simply no contest.
Old 09-26-2009, 08:23 AM   #21
MVP

nuckles2k2's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomymac23
I think whats missing in this back and forth is quite simple. FIFA seems to do a better job of expressing futbol than Madden does at expressing American Football. Period. Thats the main reason a lot of guys on this site play the games. They want them to play as real as possible and while passes in FIFA can be assisted it also can be manual. Shots take practice and skills. Plain and simple FIFA is a more complete game of futbol than Madden is at Football. Its their flagship sports title and bests seller why would it not be...

TMAC
Except the game doesn't force you to use tactics... You should be forced to have utilize your midfielders, you should be encouraged to pass the ball around a lot with teams like Arsenal and Barca', you should be encouraged to try to take advantage of corners with United, people who set up a custom tactic that has 10 men behind the ball shouldn't be able to generate much offense at all...instead of scoring 3 to 4 goals out of what is purely a defensive formation. You should be encouraged to utilize teams the way they play in real life.

In Madden, play a friend online...tell him to select a team with an excellent seconday, you pick the 49ers...and try to throw the ball ALL GAME. Don't run with Gore or Coffee, just pass on that good secondary all game. Let me know how that goes.

Then fire up FIFA 09, go online and play against anyone, tell me how many times you see people put together quick one-two passes near the 18 yard box to try and get the ball to a man running in for the shot, tell me how often goals are scored from solid build up utilizing the midfield and wingers, and then tell me how many times someone just runs all the way up the side of the penalty area with Ronaldo, Kaka, Mesi, Torres, Ribbery, Agbonlahor, Ashley Cole, Evra, etc. and just try to cross it in.

Which one of these things happen all game? Which one's are actually utilized in soccer? And which game penalizes you for not using the team the way they play in real life?

I'd say FIFA is a fun game, but it's not sim. Madden isn't 100% sim either, but at least you have to somewhat use teams correctly for some sort of success.

Last edited by nuckles2k2; 09-26-2009 at 01:34 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-26-2009, 08:34 AM   #22
Rookie

staffan's Arena

OVR: 6

Nuck...Radio is talking about FIFA10, not 09.
Old 09-26-2009, 08:55 AM   #23
MVP

nuckles2k2's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by staffan
Nuck...Radio is talking about FIFA10, not 09.
I know, but from playing FIFA 10 I don't see enough differences to say that FIFA 10 will make people utilize their teams like their real life counterparts more than FIFA 09 did.

Which is something I think is done fairly well in Madden, it might not be pretty sometimes, but it's there.

I find that people like to equate fun and sim with FIFA, and if it's often a casual fan that doesn't realize that soccer isn't only played on the wings like it is in FIFA in recent memory (I'm not accusing anyone in particular.) But I don't have FIFA 10 yet so I may be wrong; but I do have a UK account on my 360 and I downloaded the demo when it was released for the UK and I honestly don't feel much of a difference between Chelsea, Barca, and Bayern Munich, and that CAN NOT be considered sim.

When all the teams have success doing the same things then there's something wrong, because certain teams have a distinct style of play...but all the teams are identical in FIFA in terms of what works for them on the pitch. It may be fun, but let's not act like it's the best sports simulation on the market.

Last edited by nuckles2k2; 09-26-2009 at 08:57 AM.
Old 09-26-2009, 11:59 AM   #24
MVP

OVR: 12

PES has better CPU AI, but FIFA wins in every other category.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »